alaskagold

Question on African Violet

I love my AV's but I don't know how to seperate a new growth off my main plant. I was really happy I have it, as I love the flowers on it (light purple with dark purple dots all over) and know this will be a great addition to my many... but I do not want to kill either my main nor the new growth.

I am going to let them both grow for a while, but when I do repot my AV's again I would like to seperate them. Any advice would be helpful!

Also, does anyone have a madagascar jewel? I love that cactus.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I described my technique in [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156386#156386]this post[/url] from [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28870&highlight=]this previous discussion[/url].

Sorry, but I don't have a specimen of 'Madagascar Jewel'. :(

alaskagold

Kisal, I hope my Jewel starts growing soon, it is past the 2 yr phase as I have had these for a few years. When it starts spitting seeds, would you like some?

This is such a neat cactus and I have no problems giving people seeds. The seeds take a long time to sprout though.... this current jewel took over a year to sprout, and it is almost mature enough to start producing.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

alaskagold wrote:Kisal, I hope my Jewel starts growing soon, it is past the 2 yr phase as I have had these for a few years. When it starts spitting seeds, would you like some?
Oh, yes! That would be absolutely lovely! :-() :clap:
This is such a neat cactus and I have no problems giving people seeds. The seeds take a long time to sprout though.... this current jewel took over a year to sprout, and it is almost mature enough to start producing.
:D I have patience! :D

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”