I like plants

Growing succulent in water for a short while.

For a certain reason, I have to remove the soil off my Hojha(I'm not sure how to wirte the plant's name) and put it in paper toile. Only keeping the roots and foliage. Only for a few days.

I would like to put it back in soil afterwarsds again. Can I just put the roots back in the soil. Will it recover. Will it be allright without soil for a few days?
I like plants

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:?: Why only for a few days? Did you transplant it, or are going to? I guess it would depend on how wet the paper towel is, and how long it has to sit? Wouldn't leave it where it would get too hot, or too cold. But since this post is a bit old, HOW did you make out with the plant?

I like plants

Well, I transported it in my suitcase.

I remvoed the soil to not have any issues. Then, I put a piece of humid paper toil around the roots and then put it in a plastic bag to then put it in my suitcase. If the security persons saw the plant with soil, they would put the plant in the garbage probably and I would have issues.

They kinda accept plants at the airport, but without soil on them. Just the roots and the plant itself(it doesn't make sense thought since the fungus could be on the leaves).

Anyways, the plant is still fine. Once I came home, the next morning I planted it in soil and it is still fine.
I like plants

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”