DesertOrd
Newly Registered

Black Spots on Blue Candle - Is it rot?

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me determine if this is rot on my blue candle. I am concerned about the spots. The other lower area was where the cacti was potted previously, the dirt has been brushed away but what you see there is the soil line. The brown spots are somewhat new...they don't feel especially soft but I wasn't sure if it was something that I should deal with immediately. Thanks for any help you can offer!

[img]https://www.markord.com/tmp/DSC_0660.JPG[/img]

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Can't say I will be of a lot of help, but it definately looks like rot, to me! Not quite sure what you would do for it, but there are wonderful people on here, that I'm sure will come on and help you. I definately wouldn't water anymore right now though. Good Luck.

I like plants

Cut off a good part of the cactus that has no rot. Then, let the end dry for two days. Afterwards, plant the stem in soil. It should give you a new cactus.

For the sick one, stop watering it. Until the mushy part is gone. If the black part is kinda mushy and jellyish, that is rot.

After the rot is gone, water every 2-3 weeks.

I don't guarantee that the rot will be gone. It is hard to recover a succulent from rot.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”