joegardener
Newly Registered

yellow christmas cactus

Hi all.

I'm trying to locate a local store for a yellow Christmas cactus.

Has anyone seen a real yellow Christmas cactus in a store within 60 miles of Hartford, CT ?

Thanks,
joe

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Still no luck? Do they actually have yellow christmas cactuses? Must be pretty if they do. The Christmas cactuses that have been in the stores here are all red or pink. Plus not very nice this year at all! I hoped to buy one, but they are all so crummy looking I'm not wasting my money! Maybe I will find a place with good ones somewhere, but the places I have been sure don't have nice ones. Too bad!---Good Luck with your search.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I'm a long way from CT, so can't help you with finding a local store that sells the yellow holiday cacti. I've seen them, and IMO, they aren't as yellow as one might expect. I have a feeling the photos have been filtered or Photoshopped to enhance the color of the blossoms. The ones I've seen in person look more beige-ish/tannish, than anything I'd describe as "yellow".

Supposedly, I have one of these, but it's still just a tiny sprig of a thing, a long way from producing any flowers. The start was a gift from a woman I've chatted with at the supermarket a couple of times. (I don't even know her name! :lol: ) I have no idea what it will actually look like when it blooms.

joegardener
Newly Registered

Thanks for the replies Green Mantis, and Kisal.

I haven't seen one yet in a store.
I do believe they exist because I saw it with my own eyes !!

It was sitting on a window sill somewhere in Maine at least two years ago, and it was banana yellow - real yellow - not one of these plants I call off-white or washed out yellow.

Unfortunately, I MADE AN ASSUMPTION !
I assumed they would be available in stores.
I assumed they would be so popular, they would be easy to find.

Never inquired about it, just assumed I would find one by keeping my eyes open.

I am quite wary of posted photos because I know how easily pics can be 'doctored' for the web. I refuse to buy over the web for that reason. I will only trust my eyes, therefor, must visit a store to SEE what I am buying.

joe

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:( Too bad you didn't ask for a cutting of the cactus. Is there any chance you still could??? That is so frustrating to see something, know it's definately out there, and can't find it! Good Luck with your search!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”