I like plants

Elephant's foot help.

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I was checking my plants and I realised that my elephan'ts foot had a weird trunck(the trunck is the size of a golf ball). The trunck was kinda mushy a bit and it was flattening slighlty :shock: . I really donnot water it much. Infact, yesterday when I checked the roots the soil was crumbling and the roots were white. Would it be that it needs water? The leaves seem fine and green. I really don't know what is wrong.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

There is more than one plant that is commonly called "elephant's foot". The most frequently seen are Beaucarnea recurvata, Pachypodium rosulatum, Dioscorea macrostachys. Which one would you like to discuss? :?:

It really helps to use the Latin, or binomial, name for a plant, just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing. If you don't know the name of the plant, then a clear close-up picture will do the trick. In fact, a pic might be best, because it will allow members to actually see the problem. :)

[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]How to Post Pictures & Photos on Forums[/url]

I like plants

It is a Beaucarnea. I used the familiar name so that people could recognise it in the title.

I will post pictures when I have the time. Probably tomorrow. But, would you know what is causing this?

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”