CactiNewb

aloe vera leaves

So does aloe vera arms just naturally curve to the left or right? Or does it have something to do with growing to the light or something like that?

Also its ok for the plant to get those white dots correct?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

The white/silvery dots are perfectly normal and part of the plant.

Aloes will curve/bend toward the light source, just like any sun-loving plant will. Are your cacti indoors now? If so, they should be turned a quarter-turn every day or two, so that all sides of the plants get equal exposure to the light. Somewhere in the far-off distant past, I read that plants should be turned clockwise. As I recall, it had something to do with the cellular structure of the plant. I don't know if there's even an iota of truth to it, but I must have concluded that it was important, because to this day, I faithfully turn my plants clockwise. :roll: :lol:

Are you talking about the same aloe you posted a picture of a couple of weeks ago, or is this a different plant? That one appeared to me to be growing well. Pictures are always helpful. :)

CactiNewb

Your a big help yet again!! Thanks alot. But yes the same aloe.

Just bought a prickly pear and I regret that! Got microscopic thorns all in me grrr

But quarter turn a day! Thanks havnt been doing that. Yes there indoors now. Been getting alot of rain here

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

CactiNewb wrote:Just bought a prickly pear and I regret that! Got microscopic thorns all in me grrr
That really made me chuckle! Brought back memories of when I was about 16 and riding a horse in California. Horse threw me right into a prickly pear cactus. Jeez! :shock: It was weeks and weeks before I got all those little thorns out of me. :>

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”