BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

I Ordered a Jade Vine Online!

I am so Excited about this plant. I've been interested in it for a couple years now and never really got around to purchasing one. Finally I did and I'm expecting it to take a couple weeks to get here, as I just barely ordered it. I have been doing as much research as I can and will continue to as I really want this plant thrive here. I'm hoping being in southern California it won't be to dry.. but it grows zones 10 or higher so I'm thinking it should do ok here with a little pampering. So very Excited!

:-() :-() :-()

[img]https://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/NySnap/Plants/R1781-strongylodon.jpg[/img]

Deb_NY

I had never known those existed! :clap: Thanks for sharing. I understand the excitment of new plants.. :flower:

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

I will be sure to keep this topic updated so that everyone can follow :) Being in Socal I am hopeing it will do ok ;p If it doesn't I think I'll be shattered lol It should be coming in the mail sometime this week!! :D

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

Alright so here it is! :-() It finally arrived and I'm so happy to finally have it :D Tis' just a wee one right now but I hear that these Jade vines can get pretty massive.

Since I just received it today it will be spending the next two weeks or so in recovery. It actually looks in pretty good shape considering it Traveled from across the USA lol I'm really hoping for it to do well here. I plan to keep it inside for a couple days to maintain a steady temperature and lighting before I move it outside.. ( I really really don't want to put it outside with all the bugs!! lmfao! ) I am going to try my best though not to spoil the plant to much as I hear that is one of the biggest mistakes one can make with plant.

It is in a 2.5in pot right now and after giving it time to adjust to its new home for a couple weeks I will transplant it into a 4-5in pot. It just seems so large... I'd think it would have been in a larger pot but I guess they put it in a small pot for packing.. :?

I'm not sure what to use right now as a support for the vine as its still in such a small pot. Do they sell mini trellises? :lol:

I love this plant so much already and can't wait to watch as it grows. :flower:

Here is a Photo of my brand new Jade Vine :D :D :D
Please excuse the coffee container and the two Hibiscus cuttings I am trying to root in it ;p Twas' the best place I had to put the vine at the time :wink:
[img]https://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/NySnap/Plants/Jade%20Vine/P8050631.jpg[/img]

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”