Barry 1

Help me identify this plant-y-plant?

hi :D well about 2 weeks ago I was at walmart and I was looking at the plants in the front of the stoor and I saw this cute little succulent and I loved it so I bought it, but I have no idea what it is lol here are some pics

[img]https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr302/Baritone304/f0b4848e.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr302/Baritone304/51f30ef8.jpg[/img]

ps- thats not its real pot I have a glass pickel jar with some loos well draning gritty soil for it lol I had to give its roots a bath because it was soooooo rootbound and I wanted to loosen it up a little so I put it in that jar thing to get a pic lol thanks for all ya'lls helpp :D

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I think that might be Kalanchoe tomentosa. It goes by the common names of Panda Plant and Pussy Ears. They are succulents that belong to the Crassulaceae family.

These plants rarely flower, although they are capable of it. They usually reproduce by offsets.

Barry 1

Thanks soo much :D

KittieKAT

Yup that's a kalanchoe tomentosa "panda plant" they root easily you'll have no issue if it gets ALOT of Sun, mine's about to bloom soon!

imafan26
Mod

Kalanchoe is supposed to be an easy plant to bloom. I have tried to grow kalanchoe blossfeldiana a few times. I buy it in bloom and plant it. The plant does o.k. for awhile but even after a couple of years, it does not rebloom and actually starts to shrink, then I pull it out since I really don't like to keep plants that do not stay in bloom most of the time. What is the trick to getting them to rebloom?

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

I just leave it alone and not really do anything to it. My kalanchoe was originally a baby from a 99 cents store plant. Only one and a half year old and pretty big. This spring, it put out probably more than fifty white flowers. Maybe you could try growing a baby instead? Mine looks like a little tree, while the store plants are spindly and look kinda like a spider.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Oh, yeah. I think they only bloom in spring. At least that's what my plant does. :D

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”