serial_killer

What kind of plant is this?

I got this little plant at Home Depot today, all their plants were bone dry, this one caught my eye. Can anyone tell me what it is? The label didnt ID it, just had a bar code. I originally thought it was a Jade plant, but after looking at pictures of Jade plants I'm not so sure.

The plastic sleeve it came in had a little guy with a big sombrero pulled over his face and was leaning against a cactus napping and right below that it said "imported from Canada" LOL.

thx
dan

[img]https://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq247/1badv8dime/DSCN0632.jpg[/img]
USDA zone 5b, Sunset zone 35

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I think it might be Graptopetalum paraguayense.

[img]https://serendipityacres.com/houseplants/GraptoveriaSp.jpg[/img]
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

serial_killer

Thanks, does it have a short name? Answered my own question, called Ghost plant or Mother of Pearl.

Another thing, is SuperThrive as good for succulents as it is other plants, or should it be avoided?
USDA zone 5b, Sunset zone 35

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I have not used Superthrive plant food, so I can't answer that question. I can tell you, though, that cacti and the succulents that grow in arid environments don't need a lot of feeding. I just give mine a light feeding in the spring and another about mid summer. They will do best if they are only fed while actively growing.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”