kaktuskris
Newly Registered

The plants are much better off in these smaller clay pots, and with plenty of sun hopefully they will look more like the "baseball plant" they are sometimes called. Remember these are Euphorbia, not cacti. These plants come from Africa, not America like cacti.

Also, it is much easier to overwater, (which is the leading cause of houseplant death) in a pot which is too large for the plant. It would always be safer to pot Euphorbia or cacti in a smaller pot, rather than a larger one. Euphorbia do not have exceptionally large root systems based on my experience. Nor do many cacti; quite the contrary, in fact. Look at the Saguaro, for example. The root system is very small and shallow. When they transplant these, you would be amazed at how small the root system is on these tall cacti.

Christopher

JB Goode

Hi Chris

Well, someone else here gave me similar information and I did as best as I could. In my photos, those 3 cuttings started that upward growth shortly after I potted each. When they were attached to the mother plant, they were perfect "baseball shapes". The pots they're in now are small clay pots in the proper soil. All are now dormant so I won't see any changes ( bad or good) until spring arrives. There's been some slight shrinkage in the 3 small plants but other then that they remain the same.
Thanks for your help.

Dave

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”