cinnomen
Newly Registered

The New Plant Where to put it?

Hey there, My mum gave me a succulent (I think thats what it is) and Its really old, I think it was in her house when she moved in and shes been there over ten years, its always been in the pot pictured and she gave it to me the other day, I'm not sure what to do with it? I have a raised flower bed the one in the picture but its empty now as snails ate my flowers except for the ones at the back and the lavenders.
I was wondering would you put it in there or leave it in the pot where its always been? I'm a little worried the snails may eat it and this would break my heart. Also can you offer any advice on how to best care for this plant? thanks xxx

[img]https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/kaytee576/SN202931.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/kaytee576/LeftFlowerbed.jpg[/img]

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I guess it would depend a lot on where you live and exactly what plant you're talking about. For instance, if I provide good drainage for them, I can grow hen & chicks (sempervivum) outdoors in my area. An aloe, however, would never survive through the winter.

Do you know the name of the plant? Neither of the pictures you posted looks like a plant in a pot to me, unless you're referring to the second picture. If that's the case, which of the plants in that container were you given?

cinnomen
Newly Registered

Oh sorry I didnt make the picture very clear, the top picture is my plant its in a long green pot, the second picture is where I was thinking of taking it out of the pot and moving it too, :)

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

The plant looks like a type of sedum, perhaps 'stonecrop'. I think it would probably do quite well in the planter in your picture. It even likes cold winters. :)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”