crestviewsue
Newly Registered

Jade Bonsai

Received a Jade Bonsai a month ago as a gift and leaves are dropping off like crazy. Instructions received with plant say to water every 2-3 days. I placed plant on a tray with rocks and it gets morning sun. What am I doing wrong?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

crestviewsue,
Received a Jade Bonsai a month ago as a gift and leaves are dropping off like crazy. Instructions received with plant say to water every 2-3 days. I placed plant on a tray with rocks and it gets morning sun. What am I doing wrong?
You are watering it too often. The location is OK for now (more sun once it recovers) but Jades don't require water that often. Is the tag specific to Jades or does it appear to be generic in nature? I would guess the latter. Many times care instructions are inaccurate, don't rely on them do your own research.

Jades store water for dry periods so they don't need watered as often as other plants you may be more familiar with. I just responded to a similar question, check our new 'Cactus and succulent forum for more information. The search function should also turn up more information.

Norm

crestviewsue
Newly Registered

Thanks. Will water less and see what happens.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”