Gavwegian
Newly Registered

My tree is dying I don't have a clue what kind it is...

Hi I'm a total novice to bonsai but I have had my tree for two years it was a gift. I recently repotted it in normal plant potting soil and everything went downhill from there! The leaves went brown and it didn't look too happy. I have just bought bonsai soil and feed and repotted it again soaked it through with the water and feed and cut all the bad leaves and dead branches off. I noticed there was a grey mould in the base of the trunk so I took it out as best I could which left a little hole in the trunk/main root. Can anyone help me bring this back to life?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Your boxwood is an out-doors tree. it is in very peat-ey looking soil. So my guess (and thats all it is, is a guess) is, its two insults are. it has had no dormant season (a winters sleep outof doors). And, its drowning.

Please amend your signature line or profile to list a state or province and USDA zone*.

*Even if you live in Antartica, there is a USDA zone for your garden space...

Gavwegian
Newly Registered

It said on the pot it was an indoor tree I live in scotland I don't know how to change the zone. What else can I do to help it survive?

Gavwegian
Newly Registered

It's bonsai mix soil it's in. Should I use something else?

Return to “Bonsai Identification”