TareqPhoto

Another unhappy plant ID please

This is one of the trees in my garden, and I really don't know what is it, there are 3 or 4 of them, 3 with green-yellow leaves and one is almost dead the whole tree but I noticed some parts of the branches is started to turn back green again, can you help me about what is it?
Attachments
IMG_8896.jpg
IMG_8891.jpg
IMG_8890.jpg
IMG_8889.jpg

applestar
Mod

Looks like some kind of a citrus to me.... Maybe lemon since the leaves have wingless petioles...?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

TareqPhoto,

It seems that most of us have no intimate knowledge of the plants that are native to your region. Your other thread received 42, to date, views but no replies. If someone knew I'm sure they would have responded. Sorry.

TareqPhoto

applestar wrote:Looks like some kind of a citrus to me.... Maybe lemon since the leaves have wingless petioles...?
I see, I checked out Citrus trees and it is either same or similar/closer to this, but I can't point out which one exactly, so I have to go out with just citrus tree, and in all cases this is great, to have lemon or orange or mandarin is all good anyway, I just have to fertilize it so it can grow and produce fruits again then I will know what is it exactly, Citrus is in my list anyway.

Thanks

TareqPhoto

Gnome wrote:TareqPhoto,

It seems that most of us have no intimate knowledge of the plants that are native to your region. Your other thread received 42, to date, views but no replies. If someone knew I'm sure they would have responded. Sorry.
This is really a sad sign then, I came here thinking this site is a big reference of all the plants on earth, regardless which region, and my region isn't a secret region, but sounds that the majority here are from the West[Europe/North America] or Australia so they don't have much references about plants in my region.

Also, which other thread I have that without replies? It doesn't matter as I don't force members here to answer me as a must, if they know they will answer, if not then it is not a problem for me, at least it is friendly if someone can answer or help if knows, and I don't think all plants I have in my region are mysterious or unknown, and I think my garden isn't full of unknown plants, maybe one or two not clear ID but not all plants.

Asica

From the first look, I can say this is lemon. When I moved into my house, we had tree just like that. Somebody was not cutting it and it turn into a bush. There was a lot of those straight branches with huge thorns. In my case we removed the tree because we wanted to put herb garden in that spot. Hope that helps.

TareqPhoto

Asica wrote:From the first look, I can say this is lemon. When I moved into my house, we had tree just like that. Somebody was not cutting it and it turn into a bush. There was a lot of those straight branches with huge thorns. In my case we removed the tree because we wanted to put herb garden in that spot. Hope that helps.
I am sure that person planted Lemon or Orange or Mandarin, there is no other Citrus we like to eat or have than those 3, and I think Lemon is the most grown tree of Citrus in my region, so I go with it as lemon, and I will confirm it in the future if it will give fruits.

Thanks!

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

This is really a sad sign then, I came here thinking this site is a big reference of all the plants on earth, regardless which region, and my region isn't a secret region, but sounds that the majority here are from the West[Europe/North America] or Australia so they don't have much references about plants in my region.

Also, which other thread I have that without replies? It doesn't matter as I don't force members here to answer me as a must, if they know they will answer, if not then it is not a problem for me, at least it is friendly if someone can answer or help if knows, and I don't think all plants I have in my region are mysterious or unknown, and I think my garden isn't full of unknown plants, maybe one or two not clear ID but not all plants.
I did not mean to discourage you but don't forget we are only people too, fallible. Luckily some other members have proved me wrong on this one. :D

imafan26
Mod

It is hard to identify the trees when they are not in the best condition. It looks like some kind of citrus and I am going with maybe a lemon by the size of the thorns. It is easier to identify plants with a normal sized leaf a flower and a fruit. the trees look like they all are in need of fertilizer and the citrus probably needs some sulfur as well. Citrus leaves usually have and odor when you crush them. It would be a way to confirm it as a citrus.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

It is hard to identify plants in general, not just when they are from unfamiliar territory. The people here are very helpful overall. It's a great site.

TareqPhoto

Well, it is confirmed as citrus anyway, doesn't matter what kind of citrus because all can be eaten or needed, so simply I have to take care of it from now and hope it will grow fine healthy later and the leaves being green again and the tree producing the fruits.

In the future if I will be alive and if this citrus grows fine and giving fruits I will confirm it here, mostly we plant green small lemon so I think it is this tree.

Return to “Bonsai Identification”