TareqPhoto

This tree ID

Hi again,

Today I was taking photos of some trees I wanted to know about that I feel I will keep, and one of those is this tree, I took few photos and I show best 5, and I think it is a tree of something I know and eat, I like it, what a surprise! Thanks to the person who was living here before he lives, 2 trees of this means I will have enough fruits out of it.

Also the question is, looking at the flower and the fruit it is getting to be produced, who long it may take to harvest?
Attachments
IMG_8928.jpg
IMG_8924.jpg
IMG_8921.jpg
IMG_8918.jpg
IMG_8916.jpg

TareqPhoto

Never mind, I've got the answer, it is a Pomegranate tree or flower/fruit, what a big surprise really, now I can think of anther fruits in my garden and this fruit is something I like to eat, then I will keep that quarter for vegetables and some corps, I may find some surprises in my garden.

applestar
Mod

I recognized it but you had the answer :D

How splendid for you! I love pomegranates, but I can't grow them in my garden because it gets too cold in the winter. I have (had?) three tiny potted seed grown trees, but I may have neglected them after bringing them into the garage this fall and they might be dead. I won't give up on them until spring, though, in case they come back.

I really can't expect them to grow to fruiting in any case. There is apparently a dwarf variety of pomegranate from Russia that just might work out, so it's on my wish list of plants to get in the future. :wink:

I haven't contributed to your other thread, but I think grouping fruit trees according to their needs is a good idea. Pomegranates are relatively drought tolerant but I imagine they do need more water when fruiting. Consider also what you may need to spray them with depending on susceptibility to fungal or insect pest issues and group ones that need similar treatment in the same area, and make sure to consider WHEN they are in fruit because some sprays can't be used then.

TareqPhoto

I didn't plant those trees, but I am lucky as Pomegranate is in my list as fruits to eat, so I leave them, I think I moved here so now I need to take care of them, maybe I have to remove the seeds/weeds around that tree roots and then add some fertilizers and water it regularly, but I was thinking, should I dig little deep not so much and add the fertilizer or no need for that and I just put it on the surface of the soil around the tree and water it normal? I thought if I dig a bit and place the fertilizer there it may reach the roots quicker and better, but I just don't want to damage the roots.

Return to “Bonsai Identification”