rockibo12
Newly Registered

Please indetify my bonsai

I have had this bonsai for several months now. when I bought the bonsai it had no identification kept it indoors for some time and was not doing to good leafs were falling off. Then I set it outside on my front porch and the bonsai was doing a lot better. I'm pretty sure that it is an out door bonsai but still not sure thank you
Attachments
IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0048.jpg

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

rockibo12 wrote:I have had this bonsai for several months now. when I bought the bonsai it had no identification kept it indoors for some time and was not doing to good leafs were falling off. Then I set it outside on my front porch and the bonsai was doing a lot better. I'm pretty sure that it is an out door bonsai but still not sure thank you

Good afternoon OP,

The pictures provide are a bit blurry. However your tree appears to be a Ficus. You mentioned the trees health began to decline when you had it inside, what was the trees location relative to a sunny window?

In all reality there are no "Indoor" trees, or plants. With that said there are plants that are shade tolerant and are suitable for low humidity areas such as inside an office or house.

Hope this helps.

-Jonathan

Samara
Newly Registered

Looks like Arboricola 'Moondrop' because of the palmate compound leaves and white edge. Some people also know it as false Schefflera or umbrella plant. They like sun (6 or more hrs) and it's good to let them go a little bit dry between waterings. They will drop leaves every now and then but they are nice easy to care for plants.

Return to “Bonsai Identification”