Acma
Newly Registered

Bonsai Identification/Clarification

I just picked up an absolutely beautiful (in my opinion) bonsai tree today, from a garden centre here. I've been wanting to own a bonsai for quite some time, though until today I was unable to find any nice ones. I'm pretty sure that it's a Juniper but I'm not 100% on that and would like to be corrected or receive confirmation! I know that the care differs from tree to tree and I do not want to kill my new tree! Thank you for the help :) Oh - if anyone has any idea about the age of it, I'd appreciate knowing that too! Thanks!
Attachments
DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG

imafan26
Mod

Definitely a juniper it looks like a semi cascade. You do realize that junipers are not indoor plants??

Acma
Newly Registered

Well, I wasn't sure if it was actually a Juniper. But looking into Junipers, yes, I figured that out and will be moving it outside!

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Most junipers are rooted cuttings. Merchants cannot hold these long, so their chronology is brief at best.

As autumn nears you may want to find some minor protection against an Ontario winter (outdoors). Even if frozen solid it will still need some watering, so your protected space will need to be one you can still access in winter.

Acma
Newly Registered

Would it be alright if I kept it out on the deck?

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Acma wrote:Would it be alright if I kept it out on the deck?
Till Columbus day at least (Oct 10-ish).

Acma
Newly Registered

So after that date, what do I do with it?

Return to “Bonsai Identification”