Barnage13
Newly Registered

bonsai pictures, need identifying!! please help

[img]https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q632/Barnage13/bonsai/IMG_00081.jpg[/img]

someone please tell me the tree name and hints and tips.
thanks will be very grateful

TomM
Greener Thumb

Please do a 'search' of Chinese elm. You will see many pictures. Also note that they are temperate deciduous trees and should be kept outdoors (depending on where you live). Read about their natural environment and need for Winter dormancy.

Bonsai that do well indoors are usually 'tropical' natives that do not appreciate cooler (colder) temps and do not mind the 'sameness' of living on a windowsill.

Your tree may be in big trouble. Give us a bit of history about its care.

Barnage13
Newly Registered

I brought it from a little shop where it was kept in a bright sunny window I asked the keeper if it was alright in a sunny window, she said yeah its an indoors plant so I thought it would be ok

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Unfortunately from reading what people write in to this Forum, it seems to be a common occurrence that sellers of bonsai trees give no information or very bad information about the trees they sell. No information would be preferable, because then you might go looking as you have done, to find out. But when you are told things that are just wrong, you probably don't go looking until there are already big problems.

Return to “Bonsai Identification”