cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

It's Here!!! New Compost SubForum!!!

Am I the first to post about this??? We have the new Compost Sub-Forum! Yippee!

This will make it so much easier to find info about compost(ing)(ers), etc.

Thanks to Webmaster & Moderators, all! :D :D :D

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

webmaster
Site Admin

Thanks, spent a good part of this afternoon working on it. If I've missed moving any threads over feel free to post the URL over here or PM it to me. 8)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Cynthia was this your brainchild? I can't remember. I think Lorax suggested it at one point as well. Anyway, whoever suggested it; good job! And a huge thanks to Roger for setting it up for us!

Now, let's get our composts going! In my clients yards I have started compost piles, trench composts and I'm just getting some sheet composting going.

Of course there is also hot composting and cold composting. Don't do hot composting next to a wooden structure or a house. fires have been started this way.

I'm always amazed at the heat in my hot compost piles when I turn them over (which must be done everyday, no exceptions).

You know I should really put a sticky up in here on the various types of composting and on the technical aspects of compostables. I should also move the C:N ratio thread over here. Well, it's almost 12:30 in the morning here so, something for another day.

If someone else could write up a fact sheet on composting either Roger or Myself could make it a sticky.

webmaster
Site Admin

Thanks to Cynthia for helping out on identifying posts to move to the new forum. Huge thank you. :clap:

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Nope, not me who suggested this forum. All the credit goes to petalfuzz.
Please create another new sub-forum just for compost! There are so many questions people seem to have and their posts are scattered around in veggie gardening, organic gardening, and other forums. I just want to see a designated place for all those questions and tips.
I am the gardener who suggested forums for Invasive Species and Sustainable Practices though ;)

Return to “Composting Forum”