petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Petition for a Compost sub-forum

Hello to any hosts, out there!

People seemed jazzed about the new herb sub-forum. Don't know how old or new it actually is, but it's great with lots of activity.

Please create another new sub-forum just for compost! There are so many questions people seem to have and their posts are scattered around in veggie gardening, organic gardening, and other forums. I just want to see a designated place for all those questions and tips.

Who's with me?

Carolyn :)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Hi Ptetal fuzz, I have brought your idea up with the other moderators and our webmaster. I think it is a good idea. Hopefully we'll have some more interest shown here.

I'll keep you posted as to what happens from our end. :)
Feed the soil, not the plants.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Oh, no! :shock: I responded to this very same post a minute ago under Things That Don't Fit Anywhere Else.

Can opa's response be consolidated with the other thread so that we don't have this identical discussion in two places?

Thx.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9/Sunset Zone 17

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I removed the other thread to keep things balanced and in one place.
Feed the soil, not the plants.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

OK. Let me repeat here what I had posted.

I made this request privately in May and have been told that the request is under discussion among moderators and the site owner.

Since everyone has major off-line lives, it may be a while before things happen (if they're going to happen).

I also have some ideas about re-organizing forums and sub-forums so that the "opening page" is still only one screen's worth, since that's important to folks who zzzOOOMMM on by and want to take everything available in at one glance.

Cynthia H.

smokensqueal
Green Thumb

Being new here I was a little worried there wasn't much talk about composting here since I didn't see a specific forum for it. After doing some looking I found there is actually a lot of talk. I think a compost sub-forum would be great.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I agree (obviously :wink:). I made my request after performing a two-hour search through the 4 pages of Organic Gardening archives one evening looking for info on compost screen sizes/gauges. But two hours later, having found nothing, I posted my question.

I felt that, if the compost info had been in its "own" section, I would have saved about three-fourths of my search time.

Thus my request.

Most of the compost threads are under Organic Gardening, but sometimes they reside elsewhere.

Cynthia H.

Jess
Greener Thumb

I would love to see a seperate compost forum too.
As has been mentioned there is a wealth of information on this site about composting but finding it is a nightmare!
Knowing without doing is like plowing without sowing."

wolfie

Being new to gardening, and wanting to do it right, I too would love to have a sub forum on composting.

I find this forum as a whole to be of great knowledge, and don't want to have to look elsewhere or have anyone think they have to look elsewhere to find important stuff.

Thanks for hearing our voices!!
Shan -
Who is learning to garden and loving every minute of it!

webmaster
Site Admin

Oh my! :shock:

I think we have a consensus. I'll create a composting forum. Any suggestions for where you would like to see it? Should it's be it's own forum, or should I make it a subforum of the Organic Forum?

wolfie

My guess would be a subforum of the organic forum because it "fits" there, but I am new to all this so that is just a guess LOL

Thanks again, you rawk!!!
Shan -
Who is learning to garden and loving every minute of it!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

How many gardeners does it take to make a consensus in order to add a new board to the line up?

webmaster
Site Admin

Definition of a consensus:
General agreement, characterized by the absence of sustained opposition
;)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I would suggest it be a sub-forum under Organic Gardening also.

Thank you. (And my previous offer via pm still stands, if you need to "call me on it." :) )

Cynthia H.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Not all that familiar with that particular definition. More familiar with the one as used by Roberts Rules of Order.

One thought- if this new board is created as a sub-board, would gardeners be able to see it listed out as a special interest area of the site when they are on the forum page or would they have to click on the Organic Gardening board to be able to see that the area exists as well as to get to the new board to start new threads and post?

Return to “Composting Forum”