toxcrusadr
Greener Thumb

Re: Help with new composting system.

A wise composter once said "Observe and adjust. It all leads back to compost." Very Zen. 8)

Garden Gal
Cool Member

toxcrusadr wrote:A wise composter once said "Observe and adjust. It all leads back to compost." Very Zen. 8)
Love that quote Tox!! LOL.

Well, one side of the composter is already full! I had a lot of brown, and ended up with quite a bit of green in just a couple of days! BUT--I did put in more than normal because I'm still planting my spring/summer garden and cleaning out some new garden areas, so I have more green than normal.

So I closed that side up today, tumbled it, and POOF! It's already DONE! :mrgreen: Just kidding. I did close it though, and gave it a spin. Left it sitting with the door facing down as someone posted I should do. I'll open it in a week to see what's happening. (Yes, I know I have to turn it daily.)

I must say the purpose for which I purchased this system, to make it easier on my weaker arm, has already paid off. The full chamber is VERY easy to turn. I'm DEFINITELY keeping my open heap, just on a smaller scale that I can manage. Between the now THREE compost heaps I will have, I should be fine. I'll post again in a week or so when I open the tumbler for the first time since closing it today.

I'm sooo excited! :-()

Return to “Composting Forum”