Kim Smiley
Newly Registered

Anyone ever use a Fiskars Eco Bin composter?

I have been checking out composters for awhile now and finally ordered the one above on Amazon. Mostly because of the price ($39) and the uncertanty of composting success. Not sure why this process scares me so I guess I am worried about the smell. Any advice for a long time gardener but a newbie composter would be appreciated.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No, I hadn't seen it, but it seems an interesting product (mesh, collapsible) and got good customer reviews.

[url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S0PH7E/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=12968838235&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5735900231178997156&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_2e53busovu_e]Amazon customer reviews for Fiskar composter[/url]

If everything is working as supposed to, there will be no smell. The mesh makes it very well ventilated which helps. You just need to be sure you balance greens and browns (see Sticky at the top of this Forum). Whenever I add kitchen scraps, I add a layer of saved fall leaves over it, which immediately keeps it from being smelly. Keep your compost materials damp but not wet. That means in summer, I water the compost pile whenever it is dry enough to need to water the garden.

Have fun and enjoy your wonderful home made compost!

Return to “Composting Forum”