rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Too cool! I love your Compost sign! :)

What's the colorful stuff you are composting?

I always see people's pictures of bins like yours. Apparently it works some places. I have to have 4 sides and a top on mine or all the kitchen scraps get eaten out of it by the raccoons, oppossums, etc. That means 1) they don't get to be part of my compost and 2) those guys are messy when they eat and fling stuff all over.

The Bearded Farmer

Thanks Guys!

Just kitchen scraps and cardboard for now. Looking to get some manure to throw in there locally.

Tonio
Green Thumb

Marlingardener wrote:Oh great, not only do you have beautiful compost bins, but you even have a nice sign. :roll: Right now I'm green with envy! Pretty soon your garden is going to be green with all that nice compost.
+1 to that :D
Nice art work, and bins there TBF !!

T

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Nice job I'm just using wire fencing.
Someone who lived here before me had a triple stall set up. I wasn't into gardening and took it down. Time to rebuild my way.
I want to hear more about rain barrels is there a spot for it on the forums?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Not exactly a spot for rainbarrels, but there is a Water Gardening section. I have two rain barrels and love them!

The Bearded Farmer

The next addition to my composting!! A compost tea brewer! Should be a nice little setup. Dechlorinating my water as we speak. Should be brewing my first batch of manure tea tomorrow!

[img]https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/alf00amf/SAM_0192.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/alf00amf/SAM_0193.jpg[/img]

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I love using compost tea the plants seem to just love it. the tomatoes squash and my artichokes seem to grow a ton overnight when I spray them with it or even just a soil drench they love it...

Return to “Composting Forum”