Hi there, I think I've wrecked my compost, and need some help please.
I defrosted my freezer a few days ago, and threw some of the food into the compost bin. Today there's a lot of mold - at least I think it's mold, it's grey and powdery - in it, and when I turned it, clouds of spores came up and I cannot find any worms either. There were hundreds/thousands of worms in it before.
So I added a lot of shredded newspaper to it, unsoaked, and poked it all in. I hope the increased carbon may calm it all down.
What do you folk think? Is it saveable? Is it dangerous?