GardenJester

Fruit Juice Compostible?

I left a bottle of fruit juice(cranberry) out for couple of days and notice some mold floating on top. As I was pouring the juice down the drain, it suddenly occurred to me that fruit juice might be compostible with all that sugar. If mold can grow, that probably mean it's compostible. Am I right in my assumption?

planter

Jester.. I don't believe you could go wrong!! I think your juice would make a fine addition. I added TWO full fish totes of flounder skins to mine this year and heck, I like the smell. The smell may be the result of an additional tote of lobster bodies from the fish store or the boxes of seaweed.

If you don't want the juice send it my way as it "might" kill the smell. I do however KNOW my end product will be like gold! :D
A little lime on top doesn't hurt the smell and with all the oak leaves I have it could be a benefit.

I have actually "composted" a raccoon at the bottom of a 2X3 foot hole covered with leaves and dirt and seaweed and a good dose of burning turkey turd. I watered the heck out of it and covered it with an old table base. The tree that resides in that hole loves it!! :D

Return to “Composting Forum”