Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Worm Magnet.

I cleaned out my house gutters Saturday. I got 6 five gallon buckets full of composted leaved and some helicopter seeds from trees out of the gutters. I dumped all the compost material from the gutters on the part of my herb garden where nothing is growing to let all the water drain out. Today I decided to move it, I put the compost material in 5 gallon buckets. It has been laying on the ground only 3 days and already it is loaded with worms. I am amazed at how many worms got into this organic material in only 3 days. I could probably go into the fishing worm business. I spent a long time trying to pick out the worms. I put the worms on the soil and covered the worms with some of the organic material so that should make the worms happy. How did the worms find the compost so quick. Maybe they can smell it or maybe they can taste the water running out of it.

UP DATE: I just finished cleaning the gutters I had 65 ft left to clean out on the 2 car garage. I got 4 1/2 more 5 gallon buckets of compost. Nice black stuff take is all crumbly and ready to use.
Last edited by Gary350 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Great story! Isn't it amazing how they do that!

Zapatay

Interesting! Thanks for the idea .... now if I could only get my husband on a ladder.

applestar
Mod

That's right, Zapatay -- you keep both your feet on the ground! :wink:

Return to “Composting Forum”