Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Local soil/mulch company - support organic!

I've been buying untreated pine bark mulch, sand and gravel from this local guys for years. Convenient, great prices and very local for me.

Nice surprise - sign on their door this morning "We now carry organic compost"... So I indeed go in, greeted, and they are very proudly said that from now own, they will carry this compost all the time. There is a big certificate of guaranteed analysis printed, showing all the ingredients and contents (don't remember all the numbers, but...) good numbers of calcium, magnesium, potassium... So I ask them to have feel/smell the "goodness", he walked me over to a pile - nice stuff, fluffy, feels good on the hands!

Needless to say, had to bring some home to try. Looking forward to see how well it works. Even planted one of the tomato seedlings in it, just to see if it is too "hot" and needs to be aged longer...

Nevertheless, happy to see that "organic" is catching on!

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Great find and it's local. I'm sure you will utilize that to great success.

I got my compost somewhat locally, it's a bit of a drive but for $18 a yard you can't beat it. My stuff is certified and sounds like what you found, it's so beautiful I want to eat a big handful.

Return to “Composting Forum”