rot
Greener Thumb

Bested

The more I see what John is doing the more I like what he's doing.

The configuration of the shredder looks like it feeds well. Check.

Bins on pavers. Check.

Sturdy steel bins not too big to water and then turn. Check & check.

A full finished bin with compost always on hand when you need it. Check.

It's laid out in a tight little configuration so there's always a place to put something. Check.

I feel kind of bested.

Jbest

rot wrote:..

The more I see what John is doing the more I like what he's doing.

The configuration of the shredder looks like it feeds well. Check.

Bins on pavers. Check.

Sturdy steel bins not too big to water and then turn. Check & check.

A full finished bin with compost always on hand when you need it. Check.

It's laid out in a tight little configuration so there's always a place to put something. Check.

I feel kind of bested.

How in the heck do I respond to this other than saying thanks. After 50+ years, I should be doing something right. :wink: John

rot
Greener Thumb

Jbest, I didn't mean to make you feel awkward.

I had seen your pictures before and was struck with a little envy when I saw one again and then I noticed the name attached and saw a little play on words.

Then I considered why it struck me so and when I followed that thinking I just felt compelled to say something to the effect of: well done.

If you read the post backwards, it actually tracks to my thinking while I was considering it all. I think a light bulb went off that put my ideas together into what I've been trying to do. Thank you for that.

Saying no more.

vermontkingdom

I find my chipper/shredder to be a tremendous asset in composting. There always seems to be branches, apple tree prunnings, etc. that need chipping before entering the compost pile. In the fall, I shred dozens of bags of leaves and sturdy soft stemmed plants like old brassicas. As long as the material has firmness or is dry, I'm in business. If however I try to shred a lot of soft materials like wet leaves, it get clogged.

About 15 years ago my wife and I decided to buy joint anniversary presents for each other. Bless her heart, most of them have been things associated with the garden (compost tumblers, chipper, tiller, greenhouse, earthboxes, etc.) Even though over our 40 years together she has never been one to work in the garden, none the less, she has surely been her gardener's biggest asset.

GardenGeek
Cool Member

well well. I do not know anything what others are saying about your little invention :D but if you ask me, I would encourage and appreciate you.
You better know which size is the best suitable for you and I am pretty sure its going to work well ;)

Hard work never go in vain :)

Return to “Composting Forum”