thebahamiangardener

Free bat guano How to Compost it.

So finally I'll be able to do what I've wanted for the last cupple of weeks. I wanted to go to the beach here and go into the caves and collect a junk load of, well, junk,. This is bat-guano. It been there for years in the caves at ' the caves beech a public bahamian beach , it kinda a secret spot for me ever since I was young and no-one uses the stuff so can I go and bag it and compost it at home. How would I compost it. I cant put it in my reg. compost bin cuz its too small . Can I just do Like a heap.

rot
Greener Thumb

Haven't dealt with that stuff.

For good info on what you have, scroll half way down the page to the link here:

https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/manures.html

to sense

Gardening4Life
Newly Registered

thebahamiangardener wrote:So finally I'll be able to do what I've wanted for the last cupple of weeks. I wanted to go to the beach here and go into the caves and collect a junk load of, well, junk,. This is bat-guano. It been there for years in the caves at ' the caves beech a public bahamian beach , it kinda a secret spot for me ever since I was young and no-one uses the stuff so can I go and bag it and compost it at home. How would I compost it. I cant put it in my reg. compost bin cuz its too small . Can I just do Like a heap.
bahamaiangardener,
I use bat guano vigurously. I rely on this "junk". It is a great source for your plants. What plants will you be using this for? I have been harvesting cave swiftlets nests for years now and in the caves in Bornea there are tons of this stuff. I gather it up and take it back home with me and my plants THRIVE!!!

Return to “Composting Forum”