gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I love the Jays as well. last Thur I showed up on a lob early as usual. I parked under 2 HUGE oaks. There were probably 30 Bluejays there as well diving and fighting for all the acorns. Quite a sight, i just couldn't stop watching them. 8)

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

To sense...

S
Scott Reil

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Okay sorry off topic here but i must know... I see rot always ending his post with the phrase '"to sense" now Scott is doing it. To be the dumb one in the group, what does this mean? No offense I have respect for you both just not fully understanding. :oops:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Means whatever it means to you; but I think of it as a toast... 8)

Now which definition of the word, right rot?

Rot's western jays are different than my jays, but still most things jay hold true... the acorns for sure... makes sense...

For jays, oaks make sense...

For oaks, jays make sense...

To sense!

My 2 cents, anyway... :wink:

HG
Scott Reil

rot
Greener Thumb

nonsense?

To sense and wonder. Not just see or observe but assimilate the information being received and construct a fuller picture of what is going on.

The to sense thing is just an evolutionary thing on my part. A toast maybe. An apostrophe. A reminder to myself. Less an invitation and I don't want it to be taken that way really.

I've long closed out my dubious pieces of wisdom with 'two cents' or about what it's worth as a kind of caveat. Then I came across a poster here who goes by 2cents. I feared that I might be thought to be trying to deceive folks or horn in on someone else's identity.

That habit was difficult to shake especially as I extrapolated my experiences into areas that maybe I didn't have any business treading into. Sometimes I want to hear someone come up with something more definitive confirming or denying my sense of the matter.

Well after thinking about the sense of using two cents it crossed my mind as I was ruminating how I loose sense of the weather when things get busy at work which has been a lot this year. It just bugs me to loose sense of the patterns. I decided that I have to actively observe to sense not just the weather but a lot of the little things I loose track of that when summed up tell me about what's good and what's bad in the garden. It struck me after observing something when someone's words from here would come back to me and then what they were saying made more sense. So I figure I need to better sense what others are telling me. I'm still working on that part. I'm still working on all of it for that matter.

On top of it all it dovetails with my long standing closing of two cents while intruding less on 2cents.

Two cents to sense too with apologies to 2cents

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Re: nonsense?

rot wrote:..

To sense and wonder. Not just see or observe but assimilate the information being received and construct a fuller picture of what is going on.

The to sense thing is just an evolutionary thing on my part. A toast maybe. An apostrophe. A reminder to myself. Less an invitation and I don't want it to be taken that way really.

I've long closed out my dubious pieces of wisdom with 'two cents' or about what it's worth as a kind of caveat. Then I came across a poster here who goes by 2cents. I feared that I might be thought to be trying to deceive folks or horn in on someone else's identity.

That habit was difficult to shake especially as I extrapolated my experiences into areas that maybe I didn't have any business treading into. Sometimes I want to hear someone come up with something more definitive confirming or denying my sense of the matter.

Well after thinking about the sense of using two cents it crossed my mind as I was ruminating how I loose sense of the weather when things get busy at work which has been a lot this year. It just bugs me to loose sense of the patterns. I decided that I have to actively observe to sense not just the weather but a lot of the little things I loose track of that when summed up tell me about what's good and what's bad in the garden. It struck me after observing something when someone's words from here would come back to me and then what they were saying made more sense. So I figure I need to better sense what others are telling me. I'm still working on that part. I'm still working on all of it for that matter.

On top of it all it dovetails with my long standing closing of two cents while intruding less on 2cents.

Two cents to sense too with apologies to 2cents

Thanks, now that for some reason makes sense. :P :)

applestar
Mod

Rot, I like that! I love the way just those two words can have many deeper meanings, influenced by individual perspective. It's a two word poetry. :D

Return to “Composting Forum”