Who thinks there just isn't enough time in life? Who thinks theres more than enough time?

Not enough time
96%
Too much time
4%

Total votes: 28
wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

So, HG, you wear a grey fedora, not a brown one? :hide:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I find a beanie with propeller helps me maintain my usual frame of reference...

HG

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Oh brother. :roll:

sean117Ply
Cool Member

Wow! I needed this, lately I've been all stressed about stuff...

I've realeased I have to slow down and relax a little.

Solveig
Cool Member

pepper4 wrote:...when we're young we think we have all the time in the world to do things. We put off doing the things now and will eventually get to it. We, even my self procrastinate doing things like calling a friend or visiting my dad. Put it off 1 more day. Sometimes that 1 more day doesn't come. I think if life was shorter people would Maybe cherish it more and make the most out of it.
This is so true. Sometimes that 1 more day doesn't come. I think about this, when listening to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02PVCqvX6w
Last edited by Solveig on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Hi, Solveig! Missed you! Please, start a new thread and tell what you've been up to (all good, I hope).

Solveig
Cool Member

Thank you, Wing! In 1975, the English writer Shirley Conran wrote in her book 'Superwoman' the phrase 'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom'. I don't know about that, I believe it depends on how much you like stuffed mushrooms. However, I know the summer in Finland is too short to do much more but gardening, so that is what I'm up to mostly nowadays. But perhaps I will start a thread some day, if I come up with something of interest.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Oh, heck, none of our gardening tales are of any interest to folks who don't garden, but to those of us who do, we can't get enough.

Except during hockey season and the home team is in the playoffs, then come game time everything stops and we plop in front of the tv to cheer our guys, boo the refs, etc.

eshenry

There is just the time we are allotted.
When I first moved out on own, at about 19, there was a lady who befriended me (translation: made me cakes) and I would drive her some places. I believe she was late 80's. One day I wished a certain day to hurry up and get here. She placed her hands on mine and said "Oh, No! never wish time away, one day you will wish it back!"
Another lady I know now, who shares my birthday (not year!) who is now 100 years old. She lives at home, is able to take care of herself. She however constantly says "I don't know why I have to live so long. Everyone else is already dead. I don't know anyone anymore" She is not forgetful.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

There you go ES....there you go... 8)

Perspective is everything...

HG

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”