TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Has anyone seen any commercial for the Green Network?

I rarely watch tv but was hanging out watching Animal Planet's Meerkat Manor on Discovery Channel last night and about bust a gut laughing at some of the commercials for Planet Green which will be launching soon.
https://planetgreen.discovery.com/

One of the commercials had two guys talking about saving water and the one really attractive guy claimed he saved hundreds of gallons of water by filling his hot tub with women instead of water. The other guy says something to the effect of, "Oh yaa, well I didn't take a shower for a week and saved x gallons of water" to which the other guy replies no way or something equivalent. I guess you had to be watching it to find it funny.

The other commercial was a bunch of prison inmates and one guy pops up out of the ground with a shovel fashioned from a recycled meal tray.

There were other equally silly commercials that we were all giggling and laughing about.

Supposedly this new Green Network is going to have new programming. Two that caught my eye are:
G Word
Hosted by MTV's SuChin Pak and CBS News correspondent Daniel Sieberg, and supported by amazing activist reporters from all walks of green life, the G Word is a fast-paced, energetic and cheeky outlook at eco-consciousness and how we can help create a more sustainable earth.
Wa$ted
Let Annabelle and Holter of Wa$ted teach you a thing or two as they put eco-oblivious households through the paces of a green bootcamp with the opportunity for a cash prize at the end

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Planet Green went active yesterday, as part of the Discovery Channel Network. My favourite shows so far are Supper Club and Wa$ted. Yikes! I saw some of my bad habits in Wa$ted :shock: .
Happy Gardening,
Wing

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I saw some previews to Wa$ted. Two classy looking well coiffed people rooting around in a dumpster with gloves on. Boy would I have liked to see what they were doing in that dumpster.

If you watched an episode, what was it like?

What was the Supper Club program about?

When did this go live? I literally was just watching Discovery Channel and they said it was coming yet you've got it already and I don't? I may start watching a little tv again if these programs are any good.

webmaster
Site Admin

Get exposed to a whole new green
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tDLHZ7Y7fU0

Get a whiff of the whole new green
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PT_TVd41vyQ

Do time with the new green
https://youtube.com/watch?v=C408vS7gvnw

Renovation nation commercial
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sMVrbDzwqVs

Good stuff TheLorax! Looking forward to catching some episodes. :)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

There's a little-known channel called IFC, in our cable system it's in the upper reaches of the "plus" section, before the premium channels. IFC has a program that ran late at night called "Table for Five", and it featured writers, directors, and actors around a table, with a four-course dinner served and lots of conversation about movie-making, marketing to recalcitrant studio execs, the writing process, headaches, etc., with food only appearing as served by the waitstaff. Fascinating stuff. I say all that to give an example of what Supper Club is like. Hosted by Tom Bergeron (my favourite), the food is more like a supporting actor, organic and prepared by some celeb chef; and four "celebs" from entertainment, journalism, internet blogs, etc., with the conversation directed by Mr. B., and centered around environmental themes. And no, not everyone is "PG" (politically green), which makes for some interesting go-rounds. So far, (all two shows), it has avoided the baiting and arguing of most cable news "shows". Allegedly it's taped in an eco-friendly house, but little is said of how it got that label. Was it LEEDS certified, what is the furniture and flooring made of, etc., I don't know.
Happy Gardening,
Wing

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

You nailed them. I forgot about the one commercial with the gal running around nekkid. That was pretty funny too.

editing to add- cross posting when you were posting wingdesigner. That sounds interesting. I'd watch that for the food as well as the conversation.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Lorax, if you're referring to "Table for Five" I should warn you I haven't seen it in quite a while, I don't know if there are any new episodes or if it may have been cancelled. :?
Happy Gardening,
Wing

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

That's ok. I wouldn't know anyway. I really don't watch tv unless it's on and they're watching something as I'm passing through the family room. They wouldn't watch a show like that and since I've never seen it before, I won't know what I've missed.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”