wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Welcome, wighter! As in Isle of Wight? Did you introduce yourself inthe Introduction section of this forum? (Did I already welcome you and have just forgotten :oops: ?)
Happy Gardening,
Wing

wighter
Newly Registered

Thanks for the welcome. yes...I have introduced myself. I jest kind of get envious of all the excess produce that you guys over there grow. I have a large garden by modern standards over here but finding room for everything is kind of challenging which means that I end up growing just enough of everything that I need. I guess making jam from our wild fruit is as near as I get to your canning process. and thanks for the explanations. I am eternally nosy and want to know how it is..how it is done and the people who do it. Can't get along side those who only see gardening as vegetable and fruit growing. I love my garden flower borders and pots. there is nothing more that gladdens my heart than to see a flower bud unfold its beauty...and vegetables don't smell quite like flowers do..but of couse..it's a personal thing. I guess I remember my parents attempts at flower growing. I love your thinking and your humour Thanks again.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Found you! Also found your Intro post :roll: but then Intros are the last place I visit before signing off for the night, so sometimes I get in "trouble" that way. Oh well. Welcome to you and all your flora.
Happy Gardening,
Wing

dinker

Sorry don't mean to just jump in but i just have to ask pickled peaches?
are they sweet and sour?
opps sorry i didnt see the next page :oops:

Linda_E.

Hello All..

Hi , TheLaorax.. Hope you well and good,, Got to get cought up.. Computer been down,, New part time job,, And had trouble getting in, But got that fixed.. lol. Fall is here,And will be in doors more when winter sets in. Will check back tomorrow,, or tonight,,lol Linda
Just living the country life in the Ky hills and hollers.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Wighter, I can relate to childhood memories of gardens and such. Well, sort of. My grandparents grew much of their own food and I guess I inherited their garden/farming genes. When I got old enough I was able to restore some of their plantings: a climbing rose, peonies, Concord grape vine (until the lawn service mowed it down...), MacIntosh apple tree, larkspur, white lilac, mock orange; and some heirloom tulips, and some sort of squill, both of which I've never seen since.
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Snippy

Canning

:o It's nice to know that there are still folks out there who like to can. Ever taste store bought applesauce? It tastes rotten! :twisted:
I just finished canning applesauce; it tastes a whole lot better when there is love in it! Apple picking is done in our area as the weather cools down.
I borrow a strainer where the apples need to be quartered and the stems get taken off. I cook the apples till they are somewhat soft. Peels come out one side and applesauce out the other. I grind the peels again to get all of the sauce and reheat the appleasauce and bottle it. It tastes lovely in the winter! It's worth all of the work! :)

webmaster
Site Admin

>>>It's worth all of the work!

Yes! The other day I was up until 2 am slow cooking a special meal. We had some of it tonight and my family couldn't get enough. My four year old daughter actually mixed the yummy sauce in with the rice, LOL. Tomorrow we're going to have leftovers for lunch and dinner, probably make sandwiches with it.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:Tomorrow we're going to have leftovers for lunch and dinner, probably make sandwiches with it.
OK, I'll be right over... (vrooom!)
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Kenshin14435

HEY ALL!!!!!!!
IM BACK!!!!!!!!(AKA-HONEY, I'm HOME!!!)
Am I allowed to REintroduce myself.........havnt been around in quite awhile.
LOL
Take Care
~ Ken ~

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

"Oh, Ricky where were you, we missed you"...oops, I mean "Kenshin, we missed you... :wink: ".
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Kenshin14435

LOL
You know how to make someone feel special don't you??
:wink:
I can only pray for whoever receives holiday cards.........LOL

Take Care
~ Ken ~

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Heh, heh, heh...
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”