wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

No date night=no movie :(

Sorry, folks, too busy shoveling snow all day here in MI. Roads are dicey so no movie tonight. However, hope to make it out to see Kate Winslet double feature at the art house: Revolutionary Road, and The Reader. Stay tuned.

webmaster
Site Admin

Oh heck! I finished the series and was disapointed. The story was so good up until the final six or ten episodes. SPOILER ALERT: Don't read further if you intend to watch this series.

What ruined it for me is they starting killing off all the characters you cared about so that in the end there was only one person standing and everyone you ever cared about was dead. Why should I care about the movie at that point? Even the villain was killed off only to be replaced by a new villain.

What they should have done was keep the New Villain a mystery until the end, and plotted the film so the audience sympathized with that villain until at the end when it's revealed that the good person was really evil. Well, that's what the characters in the series believed so it makes sense to fool the audience as well. Now THAT would have been a shocking denouement.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

OK, now what are you talking about? That funky Chinese soap opera series or something else? (scratching head)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Well, in spite of the sub-zero temps and amassed snow, enough is enough and date night was reinstated. Didja miss me? (Don't answer that.)

This is so much better than the trailers, and I thought the trailers were cute. We ended up getting in after the opening title sequence but I don't think we missed much. We had to sit way up front and look up the actors' noses, so that wasn't fun. However, even "up close", the chemistry between Dustin Hoffman & Emma Thompson is palpable. The way they play off of each other in scenes is a lesson in the way it should be done. The actress who plays the daughter getting married looks like she could be Mary Elizabeth Mastroantonio's (sp?) daughter! The character development was a little spotty, as if there were scenes edited out that mayhaps would have given some better continuity. The movie was shot in London and is a terrific supporting actor. There is a really cool suspension bridge with some fascinating history to it--look it up on line sometime. It made some travel mag's top 10 bridges list. Back to the story. Dustin Hoffman's character portrayal is superb. Emma Thompson captures the very essence of "bad date face"--it's almost hysterically funny, and yet sad at the same time.
I highly recommend it. Two thumbs up.

SPOILER ALERT:
It reminded me strongly of "An Affair to Remember", but without the maudlin ending.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Had heard bad things about this so waited until it hit the cheapie movie house. Well...not the best James Bond I've seen. I'd liken it to the ripoff "Never Say Never Again", but at least the female parts were written better. It departed from the formula of opening scene, graphic animation w/James Bond Theme, sexy background w/opening titles, body of movie, end titles. For purist fans, not acceptable. The graphic animation (logo, if you will)/theme did not come until the end titles and they fooled with the arrangement (music) too much. Not acceptable to this fan. Even the sexy opening title shot was tame, even for '60's standards. (Yawn.) Opening scene/act looked like it was borrowed straight from the last Transporter movie, and the whole storyline was ripped off from the George Lazenby/Pierce Brosnan transition pair. Oh, and intentionally or not, there was an obvious nod to/ripoff of Goldfinger.

Sadly, this movie has not carried on the Bond tradition as set up by Ian Fleming, even with adjustments for current political climate. Direction was choppy, editing worse, photography was downright irritating with all the quick cuts back and forth, a la MTV. I'd really like to give Daniel Craig a decent shot at "being Bond" in his own way, but this movie was not it. I like his other works outside this genre, but he didn't do himself any favours here. I was not convinced (in two movies) that he genuinely loved or had any chemistry with the Vesper character, as Lazenby's Bond did with the Countess. Granted, Lazenby was cheesy at best, but the script was better, and when Pierce Brosnan took up the role, he made it believeable and then let it go--we weren't whacked over the head with it for the rest of the movie.

So, I guess one could say I didn't like this movie. But, I wouldn't call it a waste of time and money; there were some interesting cars...

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

It's too bad this was released on the heels of "Rachel Getting Married". Anne Hathaway's breakout performance was outstanding, and certainly broke her typecast role. This yanks her right back in, and that's too bad. She puts in a fine performance and shows her flair for fearless physical comedy. However, on second thought, maybe this did come at the right time, for comparison? I don't know, IMO this should have come before "Rachel". Kate Hudson was good, but I can't help thinking "Goldie Hawn's daughter" every time I see her. She soo reminds me of her mother--and that's a compliment. I think Candice Bergen was underused in this movie--they could have written in more depth for her character. Guess I'm just spoiled from "Boston Legal". Ahh, but I get to listen to her voice, which isn't all bad... For a movie that was trying so hard NOT to be about a catfight, it tried too hard; and in trying too hard did not succeed. However, the guys in the supporting roles of prospective grooms did their jobs quite believeably, even if there was a little unrealistic role-switching involved.

Ah, it's rated PG, and aside from the fact that the two women had been living with their lovers for years (which depending on one's POV, one may not wish to have children/GK's think is OK), I found nothing objectionable. Most everyone sat through the entire movie, even the pre-teen gaggle down front. I think I remember a couple of cuss words, but only from Kate Hudson's character. I did have a tough time keeping straight which character name was which--that took over half the movie to sort out, but that could just be me. All in all, nothing objectionable (except for the live-in part, but that is this writer's opinion). Definitely a chick flick, though.

webmaster
Site Admin

Watched The Rocker last night. Believe it or not this is a decent flick. Lots of physical comedy, good story and cast. Christina Applegate has a good role as the mother to a teenager, her acting is spot on. It doesn't demand a lot of range but I was impressed by how well she played it. I guess she's always been a decent actress, but the Married With Children role kind of burned that image of her into my head.

Pete Best (original Beatles drummer) has an ironic cameo in this movie, which is about a drummer who was booted from the band he founded then forced to witness from the sidelines as his former bandmates find fame and fortune, including induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame.

Bitter? Oh yeah. However a series of events propel him back onto the stage in a successful teen band, only this time the old rock and roll fantasies about groupies, trashing hotels, and heavy drinking fit a little tight around his middle aged frame, so to speak. There are also old regrets to deal with which leads to his stumbling toward a new path now that he is no longer a wild haired dreamer but an adult who sees things with more clarity. Good fun.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

WM, was there another movie with that storyline? Or am I thinking of a documentary? It sounds familiar... When did The Rocker come out. (Sounds like a bedtime story to me...)

webmaster
Site Admin

Wing, most any movie coming out of Hollywood is based on the success of some other movie. I can see [url=https://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Rocker/70093220]The Rocker[/url] as being conceived as School of Rock with a little Spinal Tap but only better because the kids are teens not tweens, so it'll reach out to that demographic, plus the middle aged demographic will identify with the star and Christina Applegate's character.

I'm having a hard time taking anything out of Hollywood seriously, even something like Benjamin Button, which I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD before seeing. Seems like what's coming out of Hollywood is, more than ever, marketing driven, not story driven. So a movie like The Rocker is what is. It's not a classic, but it's a good entertainment.

Rachel Getting Married looked like a good movie, something I wanted to watch. It's story is vaguely similar in outline (though not in details) to a French one called, [url=https://www.netflix.com/Movie/I_ve_Loved_You_So_Long/70105781]I've Loved You So Long[/url].
After more than a decade apart, estranged sisters Juliette (Kristin Scott Thomas) and Lea (Elsa Zylberstein) try to rebuild their fractured relationship. But the task is hardly easy, considering Juliette's past. She's been in jail for 15 years -- for killing her own son. As she settles into small-town life with Lea's family, the locals can't help but talk. Philippe Claudel's feature film debut garnered him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign Language Film.
I almost made it to the French one but couldn't get my wife to cooperate on it during the recent holidays. So it's in the Netflix cue.

webmaster
Site Admin

I haven't seen the new Bond flick but I did see the last one and I have to say I enjoyed the more realistic and physical Bond, the whole concept of making it less campy and gadgety. But I felt a little distant to the movie. The movie was worth watching but not one I'll turn to again. By your account it sounds like Quantam of Solace follows the same recipe.

Speaking of Daniel Craig, I've been watching the Golden Compass on HBO with my kid and I have to say that's one movie that bears up to repeated viewings.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

He did a strange little movie called "Layer Cake", which I found showcased a versatility I didn't realize. You might want to give it a looksee. Don't think it's for kids, though.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Well, I liked it. Guilty pleasure, I guess. IMO there was waay too much angst, but I guess that's why the teens swoon over it. The old curmudgeon is coming out again. Great scenery, cool houses (would not want to do the windows!) and some surprising humour. There might be too graphic violence for some--there were folks getting up and leaving during some scenes, only to return later (I can't believe they ALL had to use the bathroom!). Being one who doesn't like gratuitous violence or gore, I saw nothing untoward, and thought it was rather underplayed. (WARNING: Next sentence is graphic.) Some movies would have gone for raw gutting and crisping flesh curling from bones. (OK, you can read now.) Not here, and I'm pleased with how they handled it. Even a so-called arterial wound was not spurting like a fountain, which I found a little odd. Quite a few storylines left dangling for a sequel, and judging by the almost-full house in the second-run theatre this writer attended, they're gonna get it.
Stand-out performance by the actor who played the girl's dad. Runner-up was the "vampire" dad.
REALITY CHECK: No high school is that friendly to newcomers, especially mid-term.
One thumb up.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Ooohhh, gooood mooovie! Thumbs up, toes up, whatever! It's unfortunate for us common folk that Liam Neeson has chosen not to do this genre before--he's creepy good, and not icky creepy; but sneaky, thoughtful, it's instinctual creepy. Loved it. He plays a teen girl's divorced father, whose ex is married to a naive plutocrat, and they're two peas in a pod. The ending lacked something, but I can't say what without spoiling it. Definitely a must-see.

IMO, the directors/writers of the James Bond movies could learn something here.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Much better than expected. Had two up-and-coming actors: Justin Long playing a bit away from type and not bad; and Ginnifer Goodwin, from HBO's Big Love, who is unfortunately taking her character deeper into that same type. Well, look out for a ton of cameos, and good ones. Some folks you haven't seen in a while, and some you hope never to see again. I would not bring young teens to see this because of the subject matter; or there would be roundtable discussions afterward. Most of the plot was predictable, but still a nice bit of fluff. All in all, a good movie. The guys said it was a chick flick, the girls disagreed. Ehh, it could go either way for me, but I liked it.

Snippy

Here is a refreshing movie. "Bella". I think it's rated PG 13. It is not an American style movie and has Spanish sub titles. It's about a young lady who gets pregnant and the decisions that she needs to make. It's very family based with good morals. Good discussion for teens.
I like looking at the reasons for which a movie is made and the background work that is involved in the production. Very interesting if you like something with "old fashioned" values. :)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

OK, so I got Isla Fischer mixed up with Amy Adams and mislead the spousal unit into thinking we were watching an Oscar-nominated actress.

BTW, did anyone else think the right actors won this year for the wrong roles?

Anyway, back to the movie. Don't go looking for realism here. Do look for some great cameos from Kristin Scott Thomas (who could have used some better writing/funnier lines) and, well, I won't spoil it. Nice bit of fluff, a "date movie". Not overly long for the storyline, but definitely a Cinderella story, which is where I got the two actresses mixed up. One thing The Old Curmudgeon will never understand is what defines "style". The get-ups this poor girl wore and the 5" heels traipsing all over Manhattan--I don't think so. Reminded me of the get-ups Carrie wore in Sex and the City (and she was allegedly the fashionista of the quartet), only worse. Thrift-store chic meets Cindy Lauper and early Madonna on a very bad day. I expect to see that over-the-top stuff in Hairspray, not quote-unquote real life. And the uber-helpful gatekeeper receptionist? No way.

Other than that, I liked it. Really. Take the teens and tweens to see it, although you may have to explain what the moral of the story is, as it's pretty fuzzy. Along with a lot of her clothing.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Just did a Kate Winslet ensemble piece called "Little Children" and thought it was fantastic; not a feel good flick by a long stretch but still left you positive somehow at the end. A recommend (to those who like film more than movies, anyway).

And as to musical score driving a film, what beats Star Wars? Nothing beats Star Wars! Only soundtrack I own...

S

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Dude! Welcome back, Stranger. :bouncey:

webmaster
Site Admin

Just watched Synechdoche and it was a good movie up until the end. It didn't help that the main character was a dope who didn't allow himself pleasure by overthinking it. He reminded me of Charlie Brown except that even Charlie Brown allows himself the pleasure of pleasure and is able to enjoy it when he finds it, despite how badly the odds are stacked against him. However there were a few pretty funny scenes to keep me watching.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Thanks Wing, good to be back...

HG

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Finally got to see it! Well deserved Oscars for makeup, visual effects and art direction--outstanding! Did not know Julia Ormond was in this. Didn't read the book, but this adaptation was quite engrossing. Engrossing enough that the writer didn't realize nearly 3 hours had passed.
New Orleans was a star in her own right. There are some throwaway bits that if one blinks, one misses some jewels. There was no animal action disclaimer even though a dog (probably dogs) was featured in the first 1/3 of the movie. I am still convinced Brad Pitt is a reincarnation of Robert Redford (even though Mr. Redford is still with us). Photography was excellent. If you are one of the few remaining humans who haven't seen this yet, do. The science fiction just kind of sneaks up on you, and like everyone in the movie, you don't mind.
Oh, do not go without that mindset--there's no basis in reality here.

webmaster
Site Admin

I'm a hopeless romantic and this movie had me from the moment the geek declared his love (in his mind) to a woman that was far out of his reach and about to marry someone else. Events occur that cause them to marry but she is now a woman with a pained heart who cannot love. Will the hero's love be enough to show her the way out of her situation? I could only cheer him on, even when he fails and has to pick himself up and roll that stone back up the hill.

Here's a review of it in the [url=https://movies.nytimes.com/2008/12/13/movies/13jodi.html]NYTIMES[/url]. The lead character has his most striking moments when he's not speaking a word but reacting to having his love overlooked by his wife. The subtle hand gestures and the purse of his lips say volumes. Shahrukh Khan is an amazingly talented actor. If you are a fan of actors who can communicate without opening their mouths then this man is for you. He had me crying, literally.

The movie is called Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It's an Indian bollywood flick that's [url=https://www.netflix.com/Movie/Rab_Ne_Bana_Di_Jodi/70103521]available on Netflix[/url]. Anyone who has a sentimental heart that enjoys love stories AND musicals may likely enjoy this movie.

I just watched the [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB2fZsBZGYs]trailer for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi[/url] and well, I got choked up. :?

Here is a [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGB572v7MHA]YouTube video of a musical number[/url] inspired by the hero's giddiness over his wife preparing a lunch for him, an important possible sign of affection from a woman who has declared she can never fall in love ever again. Pay close attention to the hero's face and body gestures. They speak volumes for what his soul is feeling and his mind thinking. This actor is really great. I'm a fan now. :)

Here is another video, part of which shows how a complicated scene was completed in one shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK60sfqn0s0

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Favorite Movie Of All Time... me first... :lol:

I have to go with [url=https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063227/#comment]The Lion in Winter[/url]. Just look at the cast, and they are all at the top of their game or showing glimpses of future stardom. I think this is Tim Dalton's finest hour I have seen, and even the the two star attractions put on as good or better perfomance than they ever gave; Kate Hepburn is slyly perfect and Peter O'Toole, who I love in anything he does (particularly fond of his comedic stretch in The Ruling Class) is bigger than life as Henry II. Anthony Hopkins is also subtly great as a monopic Richard.

But the true star of the movie is the dialogue; it is as fast and sharp as any movie I have seen. I could watch this over and over and get different things ten times over from every scene. It is comic and sad and profound; it speaks to everyone with a family and says, "Sure you aren't perfect, but you could be THIS lot...". An intelligent and funny episode of the Jerry Springer show, set in 1138...

Kate Hepburn to Anthony Hopkins...

"Do try not to frown Richard; it makes your eyes go all piggy..."

HG

webmaster
Site Admin

Anyone else see Star Trek? I really liked it and intend to see it again, this time with my wife.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

I'm surprised you're still here. I would not have lived to tell the story if I didn't take the spousal unit to see ST. We both loved it, loved the attention to detail, imaginative backstories, (a couple of glitches), the art direction, dialog, were almost as good as the middle batch of ST movies, before they switched to the NG. Hopefully it will still be at the IMAX in VA when we go to see the other son, would love to see it in that format. Didn't care for Eric Bana's villain; but then didn't care for his Henry VIII, either. John Rhys-Davies' version is much more egotistical, conflicted (delusional) and "love-to-hate" than Bana's. IMO. Sorry, Eric, I'm sure you're good at something, I just haven't seen it yet. :hide:

webmaster
Site Admin

Wing, I had no choice. If I'd waited for the wife to find the time to see the movie it'd probably be out of theaters already. So I saw it with my younger brother who's as big a geek as I am, although nowhere near as geeky as the mouth breathers sitting around us on opening day. I think half the audience were virgins who spend more time on a computer than I do. I was shocked at how geeky the crowd was, seriously "I'm an adult but my mom still buys my clothes" geeky. LOL
Last edited by webmaster on Wed May 20, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applestar
Mod

We saw it too! Whole family. 10 and 7 yr olds included. We LOVED it. Kids said this was better than those other ones on TV. :roll: IMAX does make it more intense, the operator also must think the audience is deaf because the volume was cranked up. Both kids wore spongy ear plugs (our regular must-take item to the movies) The bass effect in the pit of the stomach when Enterprise passed close-by was awesome! Karl Urban's "Bones" was completely believable. I can really see him growing up to be our Dr. McCoy. 8) The story, effects, great, great, great! Love to chat more, but I'm needed elsewhere. :wink:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

don't go.
Last edited by Charlie MV on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:Did anybody know there are about 300 Star trek novels? Am I a geek if I've read them all twice?
Yes.

applestar
Mod

So, CharlieMV, what are your, say, 10 all time favorite Star Trek books? Are they by different authors?

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Photography and special fx were great. Casting excellent. Nice twists & turns, but predictable. I like a good mystery, this one was OK. Not a big fan of the author, but am HUGE Tom Hanks/Stellan Skaarsgard (sp?)/Armin Mueller-Stahl fan. They set up the prequel nicely. However, call me jaded, but the archaeological mystery tour thing has been done before, both well and and not so well. This falls somewhere in the middle. Definitely not for young children (death scenes), and IMO not for young teens--the political nature would be boring/over their heads. If you liked the first one you'll like this, too. One thumb up.
Last edited by wingdesigner on Mon May 25, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Liked it. They explained the interim well, but didn't care for Amy Adams' version of Amelia Earhart. Loved the Octopus. Everyone should have one for a pet... Hank Azaria was a scream. Some parodies of other movies went by so fast I missed them, so keep your eyes and ears peeled. Lots of fun, don't expect it to be believable. I might not take younger children.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Wasn't there another movie by the same name starring Michael Keaton, about clones?

Well anyway, this was billed as a movie in the spirit of the 60's caper flicks and they succeeded. The soundtrack was a little distracting and sometimes too obvious. Two of my favourite character actors: Tom Wilkinson and Paul Giamatti. Then there are the leads, Julia & Clive. Loved Clive ever since Greenfingers. Still think he should have been the next Bond, but then we'd never see him in his other great roles, either. So, back to the movie. A fun flick with many twists and turns, most of which you can see coming if you're paying attention, but still a great romp. Julia's deadpan delivery is ROFL funny. Two thumbs up.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

any comprehension.
Last edited by Charlie MV on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

No, not a movie about our northern peninsula.
:clap: :clap:
Once again Pixar fails to disappoint, in spades. I admit I had my doubts going into this one, but they hit it out of the park. Again. This one had their traditional short opener, and excellent end titles as well. There is so much good stuff going on I don't know where to start. Don't blink, because you'll miss something. It's sweet, and delivers several morals without being preachy, just matter-of-fact. Younger kids might not get everything being said, but can be brought up in apres-movie conversations. I don't know that younger than 10 or so could handle this, as there are some tense moments and threatening situations. The audience for my showing were related to the Pixar folks, I think, because there was much overreaction on the adults' part.
It is a movie you can really get into, however; so go for it. They have their characterizations down pat, right down to the pack mentality, personality of different dogs, and the effects of isolation on unstable humans...
Oh, don't be an old fuddy-duddy, just go see it. Two thumbs up.

webmaster
Site Admin

Hey Wingy I agree with you on all your points. My five year old daughter was a bit frightened by some of the moments of peril in this flick but I'm an old hand at defusing these situations. The pic draws adults and kids in where you care for the characters. It feels quite real emotionally. Incredibles did this to her too although not on the second to tenth viewings. :lol:

I enjoyed this flick alot, too. I saw it in 2D but want to see it again, this time in 3D. Incidentally, the scene where they're outside a movie theater showing Star Wars depicted an old movie theater that's a seven minute walk from my house. :)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, I love those guys' attention to detail! Did not know that about the theatre, cool.

Ahem, I heard the rest of you was pretty old, too ("old hand")... :hide:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Liked Sandra Bullock, liked Ryan ---(forgot). The ex-girlfriend was not believable, at all. The INS official was over-the-top, but the actor did a good job--I thought him eminently sleazy and slap-worthy. I don't think the director/producer/photographers spent more than an hour in Sitka because except for a few CG-ed in backgrounds and an establishing shot of the airport there was nothing to suggest the Sitka I saw for two days. They barely showed Mt. Edgecomb, no shots of St. Michaels, the real downtown, Totem Park, the cable-stayed bridge from the airport to the main island. The only thing they got right is that the rich folk live on small islets in the harbour and you take a boat into town. But the open water they show just isn't there; one can get a good view of the "other side" from the various harbours in town.

Allegedly, they took a hopper from Juneau (which they could have shown, the airport there is just as dramatic). The assumption was good for comic relief but in truth, Sitka airport can handle the big boys, too. The Maine stand-in was pretty, but please don't try to pawn it off as Sitka. Just say it's coastal Maine and be done with it. The "rustic lodge/mansion" look, did not track with AK, either.

Other than that, the first 2/3 of the movie were great. I wish they hadn't stuck with the PG-13 rating and gone for something stronger, because I'm sure Betty White had much funnier lines left on the editing room floor. She was funny, all right, but knowing her reputation... I didn't care for the forest ritual scene, it was forced and looked like it was borrowed from another Bullock movie: the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Anyway, I have to agree with the paid critics: The last act is cliched, trite. It's still cute and charming, but they could have done better. It seems as if they suddenly ran out of time and fell back on old material to wrap it up. However, stay for the end titles/credits. There is no tag but the vignettes are funny.

There were lots of laughs, a few yuks, and a couple of winces. One thumb up.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

You all know by know that this writer is not impressed by most 3D movies as the FX seem to be in the first and last 20 minutes, with nothing else in between; but one cannot removed the glasses because the picture is blurry.

Not so with this. No, there was none of the usual "in your face" type of FX; but there WAS a pleasant and refreshing depth of field to the entire movie. The writer would enjoy 3D more if they were all filmed that way. This parodied several of the Journey to the Center/Earth, and Land of the Lost-type movies out there and they were right on. Voice casting was perfect. Without giving anything away, the "peaches" moment was handled well. There are some perilous scenes, and I didn't hear much fright from the youngsters in the audience. The sound FX were great--the foley artists must have had a blast. Great audience reaction, much laughter throughout the entire movie. Two thumbs up. BTW, there were no tags as in prior movies so maybe this is it?

webmaster
Site Admin

I have yet to see one of the latest movies in 3D. My kid enjoyed the flick and it wasn't boring, and it was funny here and there with some jokes flying over my kid's head, like the one about turning a t-rex into a rachel. It's not on the same level as UP or the Incredibles, but it's way better than the Shrek stuff which I'm not a fan of at all. It's a decent movie if you're in the mood for passing some time.

Hung out with my brother the next day and he was telling me about the date he took to see the flick and how the same joke went over her head, too. I said, hmm... sounds like a keeper?... :?

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”