applestar
Mod

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy, wonderful 2024 year full of new discoveries and bountiful gardening season and rewarding harvest :D

webmaster
Site Admin

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to a more relaxing year, wishing all a successful year in the garden!

What goals does everyone have for this year?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Heart-image.png
Heart-image.png (26.28 KiB) Viewed 179 times
My goals are to continue with the large veggie garden 17 miles from home. After nearly 2 decades there, the property owner/gardening partner on the other side of the sprinkler pipes, passed away in 2023. Having a garden there will depend on his widow and family and their decisions for the property.

If we must stay at home, I hope to be especially creative about using our backyard with MORE vegetables, a few flowers, and less lawn. It may work out okay.

Steve

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a healthy new year, for yourselves, your families, and your gardens!

imafan26
Mod

Happy New Year. I wish all your wishes come true. Be safe and happy.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

5 days late. Happy New Year.

imafan26
Mod

My goals for the New Year
Spend more time in the garden. It is to easy to be lazy about it.

Try some new varieties of peppers. I am going for sweet peppers that are not bells. I have a lot of seeds I have already bought I just need to plant them.

Grow more dwarf tomatoes. Those under 4ft will fit in my tree bags. This is the only way I can grow tomatoes that are not TYLCV resistant. I still will only grow three at most at one time.

Save more seeds.

Keep tweaking the fertilizer for the containers.

Expand the pollinator garden. Less grass. HOA changed wording in covenant from 50% grass to 50% rooted ground cover. Vegetables are still not allowed in the front yard.

Participate in more plant shares (now that I have discovered them)

Work on my grafting and air layering techniques. I have to practice knife skills.

Learn more ways to preserve the harvest.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”