applestar
Mod

Replaced mobile phone protector

Now WHY didn’t I do this sooner?

The soft protective rear cover for my cell phone cracked along the thinner framework around the speakers and power charge port last time I dropped it, then one of the pieces broke off altogether so it wasn’t even staying on properly.

So I found a replacement that was on Black Friday sale. I picked this one because it came with a couple of replacement glass front screen shields that could replace the one I got originally — which had cracked in so many places across the screen and even chipped along an edge.

I was concerned that any of these cracks could be deeper and represented cracks in the actual screen … so I prepared a work area in case bits of glass shattered off.

But as it turned out, the broken screen protector came off pretty easily — surprisingly, in fact — all in one piece. And I was able to align and lay down the new glass screen protector without a hitch.

I’m looking at the iPhone screen with TOTALLY NO CRACKS whatsoever— SERIOUSLY, I should have replaced the stupid thing much much sooner. :roll:

New protective cover feels different in the hand, with strategically placed bumpy ridges that are supposed to help keep me from letting it slip out of my (butter)fingers. It also has a finger ring on the back that is supposed to help hold it and also act as a stand. Little things that will take some getting used to….

imafan26
Mod

I have never cracked a cover yet. But, I have Gorilla Glass and I bought a gorilla case for my new phone because it had a plastic case and I knew it was going to get dropped more than once (and it has). The case came with an extra screen protector.

You use your phone more than I do. I keep my phone in my purse so if I am not 10 ft from it. I won't hear it. I don't take it with me outside because I have lost phones before that way and only found them a month later.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”