ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

Scam Warning!!!!!!

So...This just shows how slow and stupid I am but there needs to be some warning....So mom tells me hey Bed Bath & Beyond is going out of business and they have prices 50 to 80% off and she shows me these cat towers.....We talk about them this that and the other and hey this one is just $14.00 wow....So she orders it.....Okay cool so we got a stellar deal. I text my neighbor about it shes got 2 cats. She text back "huh web site is down" screen shots it and sends it to me. Not now I say, mom is on it right now. Weird.
Told you I was slow. Later after I had showered I got to thinking. I said hey mom what was the web site URL.....She had no idea, she said I just saw it on Facebook. I tried to explain web site URL to her and got no where but now I am thinking expletive!!!

I pull up Google advanced search and type in "Bed Bath & Beyond Scam".....The first thing to come up was a article on Trend Micro a security web site. A site I know and trust and it confirms it as a scam, says the 50 to 70 off is IN STORE ONLY.......I looked at my mom and said "call your card now and put a hold on it" to which she did and there were no new charges on it thus far.

I should of seen what she was doing when she ordered it. The FIRST thing I do is look at the URL.

So be warned....Bed Bath & Beyond store closing deals are in store only and the official web site is off line..... I should of known better.

imafan26
Mod

There are so many scams out there. If it sounds to good to be true. I probably is. Checking the URL is a good idea, but not clicking links is better. It is better to check the home site yourself.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”