ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

Where are you from?

I know one person is from Hawaii so where else is everyone from? I would think most people here are from the USA and I think that gardening would vary greatly from one country to the next. Climate and so on. Washington state where I live is not ideal for peppers but with climate change it is a bit better. Right now we are in the middle of a two week warm and dry spell.

One of the nice things about the internet is you can easily meet people from other countries and there are good people in every country from all walks of life.

So is anyone out there in another country? Texas is ALMOST another country.

So far this has been a great forum for information on things. Easier for me as I have only 3 years with this gardening stuff. Mostly peppers but I am expanding. Next year I plant to have 60 Tomato plants. I have about 50 right now.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I'm pretty much from all over, since my Dad was in the Navy, and we traveled a lot, including 3 years to Spain, when we also traveled all over Europe, which is when I learned to try just about every kind of food! I was born in San Diego, and people used to joke that this is why I like peppers so much, that babies got switched in the hospital, and I have Mexican genes in me! :lol: It's nice that I now have a Mexican grocery in my town - I used to have to make a trip up to NYC for all sorts of ethnic ingredients, but in the late 80s things started showing up closer to me, and I learned sources for growing things myself!

ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

Pepperhead, great story, yet again I am looking for how to click like to that......

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

@Aperture; (why are you stuck on f11?) I'm on Vancouver Island so you can't be all that far away, but our hot dry spell has been many, many weeks, maybe 2 months, with no end in sight. What is your climate normally like and what do you grow? Here in the Alberni valley we are usually the hottest and coldest spot on the island. At my place we've been in the high 30s (C!) a lot; feels like forever. Nights getting down to 12-13 which is not too bad.

ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

Vanisle_BC wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:58 pm
@Aperture; (why are you stuck on f11?) I'm on Vancouver Island so you can't be all that far away, but our hot dry spell has been many, many weeks, maybe 2 months, with no end in sight. What is your climate normally like and what do you grow? Here in the Alberni valley we are usually the hottest and coldest spot on the island. At my place we've been in the high 30s (C!) a lot; feels like forever. Nights getting down to 12-13 which is not too bad.
I usually like my images sharp through out. In lower light I will shoot at say 5.6 or so to stay off a tripod.

Vancouver Island....We could meet some time, you can have some of the peppers I grow or some Tomato's. Do you ever get down my way?....I am about a hour north of Seattle or using Bellingham as a reference point I am 2 hours south of Bellingham. I love my Canadian neighbors. A lot of them come here to the outlet mall....Yeah though, we could meet up some time =)

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Sorry, won't be visiting. I'm old enough to have quit travelling much farther than 100 miles; didn't renew my passport last time (I remember when Canadians didn't need one at 'our' border).

I used to be heavily into photography - 35mm then 6x7cm and even a skirmish with 4x5 inch. Had my own color darkroom. I sold the lot when it all went digital, and electronic menus took over the controls. I now have a Panasonix LX-100 which still has a viewfinder, aperture ring and shutter speed knob. I like it a lot except when I accidentally brush a finger over some 'feature' and everything goes haywire.

Can you guess I only grow 'heritage' vegetables? :mrgreen:

Cambo001red..jpg
Fraser canyon
Sorry for going so far off topic.

ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

Rule of thumb for going off topic, if you don't get struck by lightning your okay....I take it you did not?

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”