imafan26
Mod

What are you trying to finish before the year ends?

There is only a couple of days to the New Year. Usually Asians will spend this time cleaning the house. Our neighbors' kids used to show up every year at their mom's house and clean the window screens, air out the rugs and clean the rooms top to bottom.

I am purging my fridges. Actually, one of my refrigerators had a melt down. I thought the motor died. I got another one, but it may have been the gasket instead, or I just had too much stuff in the fridge. Yeah! that probably was it. Any way, now I have an extra fridge. I have been spending these last days cleaning working on cleaning the old frig, I have half of the other fridge emptied into the new one, and I have half the freezer of the second fridge cleaned out. I still have a couple of days. I hope I make it. After I get past the second fridge, I still have the chest freezer to tackle. I might not get there, but I will try.

I picked up my Christmas presents when I went to my mom's house to collect my frozen food, I stashed in her freezer when I thought the fridge died. My mom gave me her body pillow that she got for Christmas and I have some presents that I will have to re-gift since I cannot eat kaki mochi because that much salt would be downright dangerous for me. I may take me a few months to open the gifts. I usually keep them around a while before I look at them. I already gave away some cookies and a cake I got earlier. They looked good, I just can't eat too many of those things.

I also filled my green can for pickup tomorrow. I only have one of my two cans filled, but it is the last pick up for the year. I made it just in time. It was drizzling a bit this morning, but it has been raining steadily all afternoon and a wet New Year is in the forecast. Fireworks have been going off randomly, and illegally for days. My cats find a place to hide when that happens. At least cats are not as bad as dogs with fireworks, I don't have to tranquilize them.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

I need to shore up the rock foundation that my garden shed sits on. There are a few spaces on one side where critters may be able to get inside. Actually this is the third year this has not been finished by winter. So how is it you spell procrastination?

webmaster
Site Admin

Cleaning up the house once again, as my teenager is hosting a few kids for new years while my wife and I are away. Not a party though! :P

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I am TOTALLY behind on planting! Today I need to get some of my slow growing stuff started. My pepper seeds haven't arrived yet but I can still get the coleus and iceplant going. First I need to cook the soil I'm going to use to kill any gnat eggs.

applestar
Mod

Just came back inside from “turning” the compost pile for the winter. That was my #1 goal to finish for the garden. :-()

imafan26
Mod

Yea! Applestar, you already have so much going on in the garden, even in winter.

I slept at 2 a.m. last night, but I still got up at around 5:30 a.m. It will probably catch up with me later today. In the meantime, I still have energy and I took my thyroid medication so I will get a boost from that for the morning. I finished one load of laundry and thinking about another. I really don't have anything else that needs washing yet, but, I have awhile to think about it. I finished cleaning the second refrigerator's freezer, and I've had breakfast: a fried egg, longanisa (Filipino vinegar sausage), and Greek yogurt. I don't have to water the yard today, that's for sure.

My trash can in the house was already full from cleaning the refrigerators, so I took that out to the grey bin and cleaned the garbage can in the house. I've sent the robot on its way to vacuum the floors. I just have to send the other one to do the same once I pick up the big things off the floor. That will take care of most of the housework for this year. I just have to do the counters, bath, stairs, and walls. The humidity is 94%. It is too humid to attempt to mop any floors, it would take a long time to dry. I just checked on the upstairs vacuum. There is so much dew on the laminate floor, it looks like it was mopped. I don't have a mopping vacuum. Yeah, there is such a thing!

I did do a second load of the laundry. Only, this new digital washing machine started another wash cycle when I was cleaning the top. Well, it does not hurt for the cat blanket to get washed twice.

I have started sanitizing the knobs and handles. It has started raining again. There is still plenty of cleaning left to do in the house. I still have to go through the annual file box and throw out what I don't need. That may happen next year.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”