TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving 2021 everyone! :D

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Happy Thanksgiving! Everyone have a great day, and stay safe!

webmaster
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving! 😁

imafan26
Mod

Happy Thanksgiving
Be thankful for all you have especially time with family and friends.

told2b

Another year to give thanks.

Hapy Thanksgiving to All.

webmaster
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grateful for so much, including for how well my turkey came out.

😸

applestar
Mod

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day — and if you are gathering today or over this weekend, or you did last weekend, wishing you joyful times with your family and friends.

I always like to try to contribute something from my garden — sometimes with more, sometimes less ….

This year, I made a full salad with lettuce, mizuna, and other salad greens, as well as sprouting broccoli from my Sunflower Hoophouse, and more mizuna and one last kohlrabi from the Garage V8 Nursery (cut into thin slices), wedges of some of the last salad-sized tomatoes harvested at first blush and ripened inside, and that one good sized Chocolate Cake cross bell pepper that I harvested when it was olive green/burgundy, thinking it was going to turn red (It never changed color, and turned out to be super sweet and flavorful as raw strips), and some of the recently harvested Aji Dulce Amarillo peppers that ripened in the house after being brought inside for overwintering (diced for lovely aromatic accents without the aggressive heat). Oh, and some of the seasalt-preserved fresh basil leaves that have been kept in the fridge, and dehydrated onions (because some of us don’t like raw onions in their salad) that have been in the spice cupboard since the summer garden harvests. :()

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Wishing Happiness and I'm Thankful for the Helpful Gardeners

As for the last 60+ years, my contribution was a pumpkin pie ... made with a kabocha squash ;).

Oh, I also mixed up the dressing and made the gravy but it was just DW and me. DD is less than an hour away but she had COVID last week. Quite sick altho she has had all her shots. She claims that she is fine now but may be exaggerating and is afraid to be around her mom. DS is outside the country. Text messages and video calls from both.

Now ... the Leftovers ..! (.. with more squash in the basement ;))

Steve

imafan26
Mod

I brought 3 cucumbers. My neice had one of them for a pre dinner snack. I also harvested a bok choy and used it as a base for the lup cheong sausages. I ate the bok choy during the dinner. My family is not big on green vegetables, but there was a green bean casserole.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”