Dissily Mordentroge

Altered Climate Gardening

I’ve looked for references to climate change on the forum and dug up next to nothing. How many of you fear growing anything other than cacti will soon become a serious challenge on this planet? Maybe though I'm being a little too political in mentioning this for many of the Americans who post here?
Are we about to chase ourselves out of the Garden of Eden this time around?

applestar
Mod

Ah, you’ve read the situation correctly — climate change has been a politicized hot potato and we haven’t had luck keeping a discussion open. I wonder if we could have an insightful conversation this time?

Dissily Mordentroge

applestar wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:15 am
- - - - - - climate change has been a politicized hot potato and we haven’t had luck keeping a discussion open. - - - - - -
Does this imply forum rules were broken triggering the thread’s closure by moderators?
If so, what are the rules that were broken and how might we avoid a similar outcome?

webmaster
Site Admin

Politics and promoting religion are off topic to the community. It's a simple rule meant to keep the forum friendly and stress free. No agenda behind that rule other than keeping the community friendly.

Ours was the first gardening community to adopt this kind of rule because I thought it was silly for members to get into arguments about something that has nothing to do with gardening.

Being civil to each other is another guideline we ask member to abide with. I added that because I thought that it was silly how members beat each other up on the other gardening related forums.

Our stance is that climate change is a fact. That's not a topic for debate. Anyone who tries to debate it is politicizing science and their post will be removed for going against our rule prohibiting politics.

Talking about how climate change has affected one's garden is perfectly fine. ;)

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”