applestar
Mod

Re: Why are you up at this time of night?

Ah ha! HERE’s the one you reminded me of —

An Etiquette Guide for Long COVID - The Atlantic
What Not to Ask Me About My Long COVID
A brief guide

By Jennifer Senior
February 15, 2023

My eyeballs spin freely in their sockets for the first 20 minutes of each morning, for instance.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:21 pm
Hm. I found the article from a year ago, but I thought I’d saved links to recent articles with findings from a more recent research. Here’s the Fortune article link with an excerpt:

What are the symptoms of Long COVID? | Fortune
BY ERIN PRATER
March 31, 2022 5:43 PM EDT
The Lancet study lists a dizzying array of symptoms. Among the most common: fatigue, elevated temperature, extreme thirst, menstrual issues, heart palpitations, rapid heartbeat, tightness in chest, muscle aches, joint pain, worsening allergies, sore throat, blurred vision, shortness of breath, dry cough, diarrhea, loss of appetite, frequent headaches, altered taste/smell, and itchy skin.

And those were just the physical symptoms.

Frequent mental symptoms included anxiety, irritability, insomnia, brain fog, memory loss, and difficulty finding the right words. Also reported: suicidality, delusions, inability to yawn, inability to cry, sensation of “brain warmth/on fire,” ludic dreams, sleep apnea, inability to record new memories, speaking unrecognizable words, and hallucinations.
I have not been able to taste or smell much since I had that stomach virus March 28, 2022. Hospital did a covid test on me it was negative. I was in the hospital 2 days with IVs in my arm. Wife had the same stomach virus 3 days after me, her covid test was negative also. It took 2 months to get over that. Brain fog is nothing new allergies cause that all the time, I hate brain fog it is like being a Zombie and can't think of anything. Memory loss is not new either. I am thirsty most of the time, I eat a lot of salt, I like salt, I carry a salt shaker with me in the vehicle. Allergies cause fatigue really bad some times for several days. Blurred vision comes and goes with allergies but lately blurred vision is here to stay. Twitchy eye comes and goes too. Eye doctor told me once, never come get your eyes tested if your having bad allergies. I tried to ride my bicycle and was all over both sides of the road like a drunk. I did not feel dizzy but I had a terrible time trying to keep the bike balanced. I use to be able to ride that same bike in a straight line.

applestar
Mod

I remember you and your wife were severely ill, and that they did test for COVID, but results were negative.

I remember thinking at the time (late March~early April 2022) that Omicron BA.2 was starting to dominate in the US (already major in the UK), and digestive issues had been mentioned as an emerging symptoms.

I suppose this is good news and bad news: IF in fact you and your wife did have COVID and the strain had been the BA.2, there were recent research results reported showing being vaccinated + experiencing Omicron currently gives you better protection from future infections than being vaccinated with the full series to the bivalent alone….

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”