applestar
Mod

Phosphine gas observed on Venus!

Is anyone here a fan of Dragonriders of Pern by Ann McCaffrey?

If you are, you will understand how my mind immediately made a fantastic leap on hearing that the "sign of life" they found on Venus is "phosphine gas"

— the fire breathing Dragons chew phosphine-bearing rocks, pulverizing them into dust, and basically breath out ignited phosphine gas. They are capable of traveling “between” given a clear mental image of where to go, and their mental imaging capacity can be fortified by the symbiotic mind-bond with their human riders. In the saga, which begins with colonization of a planet in the “Saggitarian sector”, the genetically bioengineered dragons and their empathetically enhanced riders undergo generations of accelerated mental and physical evolutionary advancement to become capable of traveling in time as well as traveling in space, although in the story, it was only for a few hundred years and only to a stray recurring comet within their own solar system, who knows how much their capabilities might have increased by now.

... you see where this is leading? :wink:

~~~ I have a second theory that is more in line with a Dr Who episode ~~~

applestar
Mod

10/24/20 this reporting only supports my Pern dragon theory LOL — obviously the source of phosphine was the dragons and they’ve gone back to their own space-time.

https://apple.news/A59Q3_ejUTfy-5roWS2c6TQ
— The detection of phosphine gas in Venus’s atmosphere, announced last month, ignited a firestorm of speculation about whether the gas could be produced by alien microbes on the planet, where NASA is currently considering sending a spacecraft. However, three independent studies now have failed to find evidence of phosphine in the Venusian atmosphere.

webmaster
Site Admin

Venus has an incredible surface environment. Would be amazing to find life on another planet!

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I thought women were from Venus and men were from Mars.... 😆

applestar
Mod

...women are said to be more empathetic...

PaulF
Greener Thumb

I have all the Pern books and will give them to my granddaughter when she is a little older.

applestar
Mod

:clap: Image :clap:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”