pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Halloween treat for kids

Actually, something I put out to get a reaction from the kids.
ImageHalloween treat for the kids. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Brain food! Cool! :D What's it made of?

Since I live in the sticks, I NEVER have trick or treaters come by my house. All the Halloween candy I get is all mine!! :wink:

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I got a free brain mold from Kraft or one of those big companies many years ago. I make the mold out of agar - something that gels at above room temp, so works better than gelatin.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Pretty interesting! So, what flavor? :)

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I don't add flavors - I haven't seen anyone sample it yet. :lol:

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Oh, ok; I saw it was pink and thought maybe cherry, strawberry or watermelon. :wink:

imafan26
Mod

Agar Agar often comes in colors already but it does not have a flavor unless you add it in.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Wife & I love yard sales we buy a minimum of 100 toys & stuffed animals 25 cents each for Halloween. We give kids a choice candy or toys & stuff animals. No one in the past 5 years has taken candy. KIDs say, everyone else gives out candy I don't want anymore candy. We have a large table for boys & girls they get to pick the item they want. This is a lot more fun for us than giving out candy and kids like it better too. I found a shoe box full of plastic army men at a yard sale some kid spotted the he said, Wowwwwwwww........Army men I want those. A little girl could not make up her mine which of 2 items she wanted so wife told her take them both. We have the best fun doing this we will NEVER give out candy again.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Many years ago the church I previously went to used to do Trunk or Treating. One of the things I gave out were Hot Wheels. But now I never mess with tricker treaters. Any Halloween candy I buy is all mine, lol!

I was in a dollar store on Halloween evening after work and saw this woman grabbing up a bunch of bags of assorted candy. I guess most people think of mainly of candy when it comes to Halloween(and Valentines Day, Easter and Christmas to, for that matter). Toys are really a better choice since they're not fattening, constipating or bad for your teeth. Not to mention last longer than a piece of candy. Poor Charlie Brown....all he ever got was a rock! Lol!

applestar
Mod

:> I was looking to see if we had an appropriate topic for this video and found this one :>

Elephant Herd Squishes Giant Pumpkins

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”