applestar
Mod

Why is air quality NOT red in this area?

I was going to ‘pull’ the Coyote cherry tomatoes, disassemble their trellis and pull up the 4 supporting T-posts from the HBR bed, and pound them in elsewhere for building a taller tunnel over the SFH bed…. but a neighbor started doing laundry with one of those STINKY(aka highly fragranced) products and I had to beat a hasty retreat to the other side of the house.

I’m chemically sensitive to them and my muscles stop working — I can’t stay standing and have to squat, then sit, then lay down, and if I stay that long, I start having heart fluctuations and breathing difficulty. So there’s only a limited window between when I start smelling them and I have to get out of the expanding danger zone.

Fortunately, the house usually creates enough turbulence that the concentration is dispersed enough for me to stay outside and ‘play’, but from my perspective, I can’t understand how those things are not/do not create sufficient emission to be considered air pollution. (puke)

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Idk... but I appreciate the rant, Haha! My neighbors smoke, and when they do laundry, they use something obnoxiously strong, and it mixes with their cigarette and cigar smoke to create an odor that’s pretty repulsive to me. There’s at least 100-150 feet between our homes, but mannnnnnnnn... It’s like I’m standing right next to the vent in my back yard! I don’t know how they’re ever gonna sell that house if they decide to move...

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”