Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Can you guess this location?

And, how many remember this...

I take this drive once in a while just for fun :)
Clipboard2.jpg
Clipboard3.jpg
Clipboard4.jpg

told2b

Rte. 66 in Calif.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

This turned out to be a really popular post! :) (not)

It is an old section of remaining route 66 but lies between Seligman AZ and Ash Fork, AZ. Photos are looking east toward the snow capped San Francisco Peaks at Flagstaff.

applestar
Mod

LOLOL I have never been there. Well, Scottsdale for business trip and Flagstaff from there for sight seeing - yes.

I did think the photos reminded me of ‘Cars’ ... so I should have spoken up. :wink:

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Landscape looks a lot like I-40 northern AZ near, Holbrook, Winslow, Williams, Kingman area. Mountains in a distance look familiar too. Now I see below someone already figured it out they have been there. I was close but I have never been on that section of old route 66 as far as I can remember. I have been in the area many times. I did a special route 66 road trip few years ago old unmarked sections are hard to find. I wish there is a map showing all the remaining parts of old route 66. There is a section of route 66 that goes 40 miles north west past Kingman & Oatman.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”