HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

ID change

Just so you know. I am no longer BirdLover. I am now HoneyBerry.

applestar
Mod

OK! :D

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

uh oh! what did the birds do!?

webmaster
Site Admin

Yay! Glad it worked. :)

Now upload an avatar. 8)

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I wanted to have a more gardening related ID and I do grow Honey Berries, so I decided to change it. I tried to load an avatar but my images are too big. I need to work on that. I am so darn busy all the time but I will eventually get around to it. My big computer crashed so I don't have access to Photoshop anymore. I used to downsize images with Photoshop. I think I have a workaround but it takes more time.

My bird passed away about a month ago - my cute little cockatiel Rosco. I think it was due to the smokey air from the wildfires. He died on a day in August when the air quality was especially bad. Birds have such tiny lungs. I sure do miss him. I am not going to have another bird but am going to keep helping the parrot rescue place.

Some of my Honey Berry plants got really dry in August and one of them almost died because it was still in a pot and I got busy and didn't water it enough. It has recovered nicely. August was definately good for my tomatoes, though. I had some nice tomatoes this year. I have alot a green ones now. I hope they get ripe soon, before it's too late. Gardening is not easy. It is hard to accept losing plants or some of the harvest but I'm getting used to it.
Last edited by HoneyBerry on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

!potatoes! wrote: "uh oh! what did the birds do!?"

A seagull almost got me on the top of my head as I was walking to my car. That's what did it. Just kidding. That really did happen, though. A big glob of poop came at me from above and just missed me.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Sorry to hear about your bird.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Thank you Dave. I really miss him. He loved Woodstock chimes. He would perk up and whistle whenever I sounded the chimes. He was very sensitive to the pure tones. Such a nice healing alternative to all the disturbing human noise that goes on outside.
I have about 5 different varieties of 'Chimes of Earth', 'Chimes of Pluto', Turquoise chimes, etc. I keep them indoors so that the weather doesn't wear them out. They are much nicer than those ordinary patio chimes.

webmaster
Site Admin

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

thanks

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”