Gary350
Super Green Thumb

F5 Tornado Bean Fart

I have been watching YouTube video,

How to Plant Green Peas. LOL, are there other color peas, Blue, Yellow, Red, Orange, Black?

How to grow peas from seeds. LOL can I grow peas from tubers, roots, cuttings, something other than seeds?

How to grow organic pea seeds. Do organic grow different than non organic seeds? LOL

How to plant & grow Burpee pea seeds. Wow these must grow different that organic seeds and non organic seeds.

Growing pea vegetables. Are there peas that are not vegetables. LOL.

Check soil temperature before planting peas. This is a good idea but 1 problem, none of these videos tells you to check the weather 5 day forecast see if another winter storm is on the way & going to dump another 12" of snow on your garden. Just because it is 80 degrees outside now does not mean its a good time to plant anything.

Do you think someone that is growing 1 pea plant in a flower pot is really an expert at growing peas?

Non of the videos show planting & harvest too. Need to watch lots of videos to get good ideas.

Some of these videos are about as funny as an F5 Tornado Bean Fart. LOL.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

With our reliance on quick and easy social media, everyone's an expert. And most of the younger ones don't seem to have had encouragement at reading comprehension. Critical thinking is a catchphrase robbed of meaning by the witless.

People want a tutorial or at least a Pinterest photo of how to do anything. They thrill at these little nuggets of idiocy that tell them that they can grow bananas in Edmonton, or never have to buy celery again, or have wonderful years of fruit ahead just by tossing seeds and pits on open ground. Someone who has never foraged for food will tell readers in a blog post that they can eat clover while their post pictures oxalis, or maybe they'll advise people to start succulent cuttings in water, or water orchids with ice cubes.

I'm thinking of joining a monastery on a mountaintop somewhere, although I'd have to get a sex change and probably play down the smokey eye and mani-pedi. Hmm, would I have to give up Victoria's Secret? That way I wouldn't be assaulted with so much useless information. Maybe.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

thanrose wrote:With our reliance on quick and easy social media, everyone's an expert. And most of the younger ones don't seem to have had encouragement at reading comprehension. Critical thinking is a catchphrase robbed of meaning by the witless.

People want a tutorial or at least a Pinterest photo of how to do anything. They thrill at these little nuggets of idiocy that tell them that they can grow bananas in Edmonton, or never have to buy celery again, or have wonderful years of fruit ahead just by tossing seeds and pits on open ground. Someone who has never foraged for food will tell readers in a blog post that they can eat clover while their post pictures oxalis, or maybe they'll advise people to start succulent cuttings in water, or water orchids with ice cubes.

I'm thinking of joining a monastery on a mountaintop somewhere, although I'd have to get a sex change and probably play down the smokey eye and mani-pedi. Hmm, would I have to give up Victoria's Secret? That way I wouldn't be assaulted with so much useless information. Maybe.
There are 1000s of good ideas on those videos some are just crazy funny. A lot of peoples ideas make gardening possible for them in their geographical location an growing conditions. The funniest one was a guy growing his garden in plastic rain gutters in his living room on saw horses. Fill rain gutters with soil then plant seeds, 70 degrees in the house so seeds germinate, then move rain gutters to a homemade green house where plants get sun to grow larger. He lives near the arctic circle with a 2 month growing season when weather is right outside he transplants everything from the rain gutters to his outside garden. It makes total sense for him but not for the average person. WOW very creative. At first what the guy is doing seems crazy but once you know why he is doing it then it makes sense.

Subject line on videos sometimes do not make sense.

We are all stuck in our own world we need to think outside the box. I have been trying to think of a way to plant peas with what I have available around the house & still be easy to grow & harvest, videos gave me the idea I needed.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”