MoonShadows

So, what did Santa bring you to use in the garden?

Santa visited during the night, and under the tree this morning I found a trowel, hand cultivator, and a pair of very small Fiskars micro-tip pruners perfect for thinning seedlings without pulling them out and disturbing the roots of others. He also brought me a clip-on utility hook rack unit made to fit some of the shelving I use in the greenhouse. Santa also brought me a pallet buster, pallet nail puller and pallet air-powered nail puncher. Now, it will be so much easier to dismantle those pallets for my pallet projects...one of which is to build an insulated knee wall around my greenhouse. My better half got some presents from Santa, too; a new garden bird feeder and an insect hotel for the garden along with 16 pounds of premium bird seed and a new bird seed storage/pourer container. There were some other things, but I thought you might be more interested in the garden items. Actually, we stopped giving luxury presents way back and now give presents that we can use in our hobbies and around the house.

So, what did Santa bring you for the garden?

applestar
Mod

Santa brought me a pair of avocado green waterproof garden boots with augmented insteps for tromping down on garden shovels and forks. Also some cool ball-chain type extra-strength plastic ties in various sizes, new surgeon’s hand/nail brush (old one is looking pretty sad after a full season), a pair of soft leather (batting - but works great in the garden) gloves that actually fit my small hands (youth size — popular youth’s sport stuff are great because they are available in the sizes that fits me), a beautiful cedar bird house to replace the one that fell apart in the raised bed VG garden area (must provide housing for my Garden Patrol).... :-()

I’m waiting on a stove-top hot milk frother for my morning-cappuccino-in-the-garden, which apparently did not make it onto the sleigh for Christmas delivery. :o Once it’s here, I won’t have to use a 2cup milkpan + separate borosilicate glass frother — I Love efficiency. :wink:

...also, there is a Garden Fairy who has threatened ...errr promised... to send me an exploding package of goodies. I’m not kidding, her packages literally expand out of the box as soon as you release the tapes securing the lid flaps. :lol:

PaulF
Greener Thumb

A harvest basket and Felco pruners.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Nothing specifically for the garden, but Santa did bring a variety of warm things for doing winter gardening.

And this:

Nat Geo ''My Town'' Custom USGS Map Puzzle

You order it, custom for you. It is a topo map centered on your house, made into a jigsaw puzzle. Very detailed with streams, roads, forests, railroads, various points of interest. We did one for our Cincinnati house once. Since we haven't lived here as long, it seems like a very good way to get to know our local (6 miles x 4 miles) area well.

MoonShadows

Ever see someone take a crossword puzzle and glue it to a backing, then either frame it or decoupage it? It would be neat to hang it somewhere after you complete it.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Loving the USGS topo map. I always buy the relevant quad maps for wherever I live. I find it odd when people don't understand why their roads wash out or where the river used to run. We can extrapolate from the map features to understand our own land and terrain.

fromlawntofood
Newly Registered

Pressure cooker and egg incubator! However, I bought myself a seedling grow light kit too... The incubator will help with chicks to keep the bugs in check, and the pressure cooker to can ;)

imafan26
Mod

I got a new pair of garden boots, a garden stool, more seeds, hand pruners, a new lopper and hedge clipper.

Hillbilly Homer

:D ...I got a 1966 Sears Suburban 10... :D
:lol: ...And a note telling me I would have to get my own sleeve hitch and attachments... :lol:

P.S. Got it on Dec 20 and on Dec 21 it got cold and snow... :(
Attachments
ss 10 M.jpg

SQWIB
Greener Thumb

I got a bunch of cardboard and packing paper for the compost heap!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Not for the garden but an upgrade from what I had.
Attachments
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG (74.78 KiB) Viewed 536 times
IMG_1116.JPG

thanrose
Greener Thumb

I like it all, including the cardboard.

It wasn't a gift unless you count Mother Nature, but at Christmas I collected some seed pods off a few plants to add to my wishful thinking for the New Year. And just today I saw some purslane in a parking lot that I could transplant. I've noted mistletoe locations for next year.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”