tomf
Super Green Thumb

Re: how to retire

I have a neighbor who is 92 and he lives in an adjoining house on his sons farm. He goes on walks, takes care of his son's horses, does chores around the farm and has wood working hobbies. Not only is he very fit for his age but he is also mentally sharp.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:I have a neighbor who is 92 and he lives in an adjoining house on his sons farm. He goes on walks, takes care of his son's horses, does chores around the farm and has wood working hobbies. Not only is he very fit for his age but he is also mentally sharp.

Sounds like a perfect partner for an older lady I know. She's going to turn 96 later this month, still drives, takes just one medicinal pill a day, is active in her church choir and is out her house for at least 6-7 hours a day doing things for, as she puts it, "The old people I know." I get a chuckle out of that one because many of them are 20 or more years younger than her.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

In October it will be 2 years retired and it is so good not to have to go to work. I enjoyed my job as much as one can, every week I got to run a different set of machines including a number of robotic ones, and I had a verity of jobs and responsibilities to keep it from being boring. Being that everything I worked on was critical to the flight and safety of Boeings jets there was a lot of pressure not to make any mistakes, being retired takes away a lot of stress. What I do miss are some of the fun people I worked with. I have been able to get a lot of work done at home and still have time to have fun and sleep, yes sleep!

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

If your happy with what you have your richer than a man with $10 million dollars.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”